Fr fake exhaust trim

Apr 6, 2023
Does anyone know how to remove the silver pretend exhaust trim? I’ve tried prying it off with a trim tool with no luck

Attachments

• IMG_0301.jpeg
    IMG_0301.jpeg
    291.9 KB · Views: 57

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Do you have to remove the external grey part first to get access to it? You could paint it to match the rest of the bumper?

Apr 6, 2023
Do you have to remove the external grey part first to get access to it? You could paint it to match the rest of the bumper?
I can remove the whole lower part via the screws but I was hoping just to remove the silver part to paint it on it’s own, I’ll have another go at it tomorrow to see if it’ll budge

chembers

Mar 21, 2023
Yeah I would want mine to be darker colour like the Cupra ones. Shiny fake exhausts stand out and look tacky

Apr 6, 2023
Ok I took the retaining screws off the bottom part of the bumper so I could have a nosy at how to remove the fake exhausts to paint them, but the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze, there is 6 clips that hold them in place and there’s not enough room to get your hands or even a pry tool in, and removing the the bumper would be even more of a job as it’s held in with over a dozen clips and half can’t be accessed. I’m gonna just try and plasti dip it black while it’s still attached, I’ll post a picture when I get a dry day to do it

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Yeah, or mask it and spray paint them, then lacquer over them? The body shop couldn’t remove my rear bumper plastic trim when I wanted it painting (or it was too faffy as above) so they masked the other areas and painted it while still on the car.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.