Front ARB question

Hi guys

I was looking into upgrading my ARB bushes on the front of my LCR. This leads to query number one, what size do I need. I think from having a search it's 19mm standard as per a TT but Powerflex don't list this, I can only see 21 or 23mm.

I then got to thinking about going the whole hog and getting a 23mm R32 ARB but as of yet I haven't got a rear ARB. What sort of influence is this going to have on steering and is the general consenous leave it until I have a rear one first.

Sorry for yet another ARB thread but these things I admit, do really confuse me. Any help much appreciated :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Tim

It's best to do the front ARB with the rear and a S3 strutt brace.
Far cheaper just doing bushes, lol.
I fitted Powerflex aftermarket bush prior to changing the ARB out for the R32 23mm one.
The bush I got from Awesome, have you heard of them??
LOL

LOL Cheers Willie :D

Yeah i'm after Powerflex it's just I couldn't find the correct listing on the site. I can only see 21 or 23 for the LCR but i didn't think to look under the TT heading. I might as well give them a call as I want front wishbone rear bushes too.

Thanks for clearing up the other point though ;)

Last edited:

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
anyone seen noticable improvements by just uprating the bushes? mine have perished and i'm tryng to work out if its worth uprating them or not.

there is supposed to be a noticed improvement when doing the front wishbone rear bush but not sure about others. Cant comment on the ARB link bush kit as i think i'm right in saying there not applicable on the LCR, just the LC etc.

Willie, how did just find just uprating to a 19mm ARB bush. Much cop or wait until i do the whole ARB?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
TBH Tim as you have said you feel a difference with changing the wish bone bushes but not the ARB bush.
If your ARB bush is perished a new bush will help get back what handling feel you had, but a wish bone bush gives you a better handling feel.
So uprating the bush from OEM to Powerflex won't give you any extra benefits TBH.
You wekaest link will always be you weakest link till you change it.
Then you find more weak links, lol.
Tha is why I changed the bushes, engine mounts, fitted a strutt brace and uprated ARB before changing the suspension. That way I knew that EVERYTHING was sorted.
No point fitting new suspension to worn bushes etc

matylad

Nov 24, 2005
Crewe, Cheshire
Just get the front and rear ARB replaced Tim…..you know you want to!! :lol:

If you leave it a few weeks I’ll have the same shocks & springs as you and I’ll be doing the rear wishbone bushes with the TT jobbies. Might even do the strut brace too. Your more than welcome to give it a try.

Matt.

TBH Tim as you have said you feel a difference with changing the wish bone bushes but not the ARB bush.
If your ARB bush is perished a new bush will help get back what handling feel you had, but a wish bone bush gives you a better handling feel.
So uprating the bush from OEM to Powerflex won't give you any extra benefits TBH.
You wekaest link will always be you weakest link till you change it.
Then you find more weak links, lol.
Tha is why I changed the bushes, engine mounts, fitted a strutt brace and uprated ARB before changing the suspension. That way I knew that EVERYTHING was sorted.
No point fitting new suspension to worn bushes etc

Thanks for the input Willie, great help as per ;)

Just get the front and rear ARB replaced Tim…..you know you want to!! :lol:

If you leave it a few weeks I’ll have the same shocks & springs as you and I’ll be doing the rear wishbone bushes with the TT jobbies. Might even do the strut brace too. Your more than welcome to give it a try.

Matt.

Thanks for the offer Matt, might be cheecky and ask to borrow Vagcom over weekend if poss, don't need to run any logs just need to quickly hook it up if thats ok matey?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.