Front bulb warning

emesee

Aug 6, 2015
Hi, hoping for some help.
Turned on headlights tonight and got the dreaded warning triangle on dash and message on the screen to check right front bulb. I’ve checked the light and as far as I can tell all looks well.
Car is MY16 FR with full LED headlights. I don’t have auto lights.
All the LED elements appear to be on and the right is the same as the left.
Tried turning car on and off a few times but message still appears.
Has anyone else experienced this? I’m guessing this will be a trip to the dealer to diagnose.
Many thanks.

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Hi, hoping for some help.
Turned on headlights tonight and got the dreaded warning triangle on dash and message on the screen to check right front bulb. I’ve checked the light and as far as I can tell all looks well.
Car is MY16 FR with full LED headlights. I don’t have auto lights.
All the LED elements appear to be on and the right is the same as the left.
Tried turning car on and off a few times but message still appears.
Has anyone else experienced this? I’m guessing this will be a trip to the dealer to diagnose.
Many thanks.
Do you not know some one with ODBeleven ?

emesee

Aug 6, 2015
Do you not know some one with ODBeleven ?
I don’t unfortunately. I do have the extended warranty so will be ok to take to dealer but will no doubt have to suck up an excess. On the basis everything seems to be working ok (at the moment) I may live with it for a little bit longer.
Thanks for the post.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I would not be expecting to suck up any excess as either something is wrong with the headlight current monitoring, or a bulb has truly failed - and you should be able to swop any filament bulbs with new ones to avoid that being the root cause of that warning before handing the car in.

emesee

Aug 6, 2015
I would not be expecting to suck up any excess as either something is wrong with the headlight current monitoring, or a bulb has truly failed - and you should be able to swop any filament bulbs with new ones to avoid that being the root cause of that warning before handing the car in.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I’d hope if it’s the LEDs then, as they are supposed to last the life of the car, there should be no cost.
Interesting point about the filament bulb. The indicators are working but I have a vague feeling that the indicator is an orange bulb within the headlight unit. Might be wrong though so will go and have a look at that later.
Cheers.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise