Coolant warning light

Apr 21, 2024
Hi folks, so I’ve got an issue with my 2014 Leon FR 184 I’d recently had the heater matrix replaced due to the silica bag in the coolant reservoir bursting since I’ve got the car back the issue with the car having no heat was rectified but now the issue I’m having is when driving I get the low coolant message in the dashboard upon opening the bonnet the coolant is visibly below the minimum mark but when I open the reservoir to put the coolant in the pressure releases and the reservoir fills back up with coolant which means there’s no need to put coolant in after some time the light comes on and the same thing happens again visibly empty inside the bottle but fills itself upon opening. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

thespicemustflow

Feb 24, 2024
Yes - it's not been bled properly.

These cars are a bit of a PITA to bleed properly due to the miles of piping and electric water pumps and so forth.

Needs to be bled, properly, using VCDS/OBDeleven/a diagnostic tool. Involves running the engine at certain RPM for a few minutes whilst it opens and closes valves and such.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members