front mount on mk3 ibiza!

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
im supposed to be getting a 2nd hand forge one at the end of the month from carlilse pete but looks like he might not be changing now! if anyone else is interested i might ask forge to do a group buy, maybe need about 5 people or more? anyone interested in doing this?

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
just like to add, its not the welding and the metal that cost 600quid

think of it like this...
Research & Development
The materials to build the cooler,
The materials to build the pipe work (silicon pipe work is hardly cheap anyway!)
even the stainless steel jubilee clips.....
and the fact you dont have to break anything on your car to fit the kit...

oh and the fact no matter what Forge staff seem to be willing to assist you however they can even after you've handed over your cash

well worth the price i paid thanks!

Last edited:

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
For the quality, customer service level, and the fact that Blue Peter haven't created my intercooler, Forge was worth the money.

The fact that it looks awesome, fits awesome, and i got free keyrings, are a bonus.

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
just like to add, its not the welding and the metal that cost 600quid

think of it like this...
Research & Development
The materials to build the cooler,
The materials to build the pipe work (silicon pipe work is hardly cheap anyway!)
even the stainless steel jubilee clips.....
and the fact you dont have to break anything on your car to fit the kit...

oh and the fact no matter what Forge staff seem to be willing to assist you however they can even after you've handed over your cash

well worth the price i paid thanks!

I'll second that. The forge kit also includes a modified crash bar, so no bodging is needed. You pay for what you get in my opinion. Cant beat the customer service of the Forge boys either!

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
im supposed to be getting a 2nd hand forge one at the end of the month from carlilse pete but looks like he might not be changing now! if anyone else is interested i might ask forge to do a group buy, maybe need about 5 people or more? anyone interested in doing this?

I would be intrested but it depends on when & how much. Ive got my holiday to pay by the end of june which is the rreason why I havant got one already

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
I take it your going with your miss`us dan? get one of her mates to buy your ticket and you`ll even wave them good bye at the airport then stright down to forge! and everybodys a winner!

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
I take it your going with your miss`us dan? get one of her mates to buy your ticket and you`ll even wave them good bye at the airport then stright down to forge! and everybodys a winner!

Yep going with the missus, Dom Rep for 2 weeks so its one of them Lovey Dovey holidays.

If only it were that simple! lol :lol:

iF i turned round and said I was doing that instead of a holiday I dread to think what would happen:banned:

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
i do understand but why can you buy a kit for say a scooby for £300
but twice the price for an bezzer

because the ibiza isnt modified in quantities like the scooby. There are alot lot more modded scoobys than ibiza's so the price doesnt have to be so high to get the return back as they are selling more volume's. I agree that forge's cooler is excellent quality though and the price to be fair is about right for the product - + where else can you buy an off the shelf frount mount kit for an ibiza??

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
i do understand but why can you buy a kit for say a scooby for £300
but twice the price for an bezzer

scoobys are common as muck so these companies produce massive batches and they know they will sell so the costs can be spread out much further

since the ibiza cupra turbo is a rare breed, the R&D costs will be higher given that as an estimate for every 1 ibiza fmic kit is sold, 10 scooby kits go

Last edited:

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
scoobys are common as muck so these companies produce massive batches and they know they will sell so the costs can be spread out much further

since the ibiza cupra turbo is a rare breed, the R&D costs will be higher given that as an estimate for every 1 ibiza fmic kit is sold, 10 scooby kits go

thats what i said! obviously my words arent good enough acid! :happy:

so who's interested in this group buy?
1. pdcupra
2. ttothec

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members