Fuse box behind glove box

VZN

Jun 6, 2023
Hi,

Is there a technique for getting the glove box out of the stops to get to the fuse box on the passenger side? I've read that you need to press on the two tabs either side of the glove box and then pull down to release it, but the amount of pressure required to detach the glove box from the stops seems very high?

I've managed to get access to the fuse box to fit a dash cam, but if anyone has any guidance on how to more easily detach the glove box from the end stops that would be appreciated.

TIA.

dazed

Mar 28, 2022
It takes a huge amount of force to release the two tabs in my car. More than I was comfortable with, but it is the only way.
There's a thread on here about wiring a dashcam where I was correctly assured it was fine.

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
It takes a lot more force than you think it should…. After you do it the first time it’s pretty quick to do, but it’s getting used to how much force you need to do it (a lot).

Make sure you’ve removed the damper as well before you try to drop the glovebox down.

Reactions: VZN

VZN

Jun 6, 2023
It takes a lot more force than you think it should…. After you do it the first time it’s pretty quick to do, but it’s getting used to how much force you need to do it (a lot).

Make sure you’ve removed the damper as well before you try to drop the glovebox down.
Thanks for the tip on the damper.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.