Future Ibiza Owner saying Hi

HyundaiKitCoupe

Hello all! My name is Adam. This is my first post. I'm coming from first generation Hyundai Tiburon forum situated in the USA www.rdtiburon.com . 21 years old Born and raised in Washington D.C., Maryland equally raised in Warsaw, Poland and Miami Beach, Florida.

I fell in love with the Hyundai Tiburon FX when it came out in 1997. It was my dream car and I knew I was buying it. I also fell into obsession over the Hyundai Coupe Formula 2 Kit Car which Alister McRae lost the 1999 world title to Renault over a blown engine. I shipped an F2 Bumper from the United Kingdom as well as the homogolated gauge. Kumho MX racing tires, full air system, 4 HID's, PRD spark wires, Kyowa Rims, F2 Bumper, Shark Spoiler. Supercharger was supposed to go on but I'm selling it due to high gas prices. Here is my car:
angels8.jpg

shark4.jpg

HID3lights.jpg

sharkhybrid2.jpg

f484cec9.jpg

However, that is only one side of my story. My dad had bought a SEAT Cordoba SE in Poland. And SEATSPORT was my favorite WRC programme. God those Cordobas were nice, but due to an irreversible steering column position problem which was later discovered had to pull their programme.

I'm saving up money right now for plans to go to Poland in a few years and buy a yellow Turbo Ibiza Cupra R in good condition and buy some F2 parts for it. Brembo brake system, coilover system, HID's, F2 spoiler/skirts/bumper, sparco leather seats, momo shifter/steering wheel, Catback exhaust, and SEATSPORT O.Z. Racing wheels. I found someone on the forum here who apparently had the same vision as I did.

--Anybody know where I can get the F2 complete kit shipped to Poland from? A website perhaps?
--Is the 1997-1999 Cupra Ibiza available in six speeds? Factory Turbo? I appologize if I don't know much about the car, I know a lot about the Tiburons but not the SEATs.

If you guys can also submit photos of your F2 Ibizas that would really be very helpful and convincing. I saw a white one on the gallery here that was exactly how I wanted.
aau.jpg

aav.jpg

I really love your car!!! Mine will be just like that but yellow and dropped considerably with silver rims.
Thank you very much!

Last edited by a moderator:

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
http://www.stxstyling.co.uk

There you go mate, not exactly the F2 body kit but neither is that on the car.
Look under
SEAT
IBIZA
BRAVUS

Its the bravus front on that car im pretty sure, and you can order bits seperately, eg front off one kit skirts off another etc.

I used them to ship to the UK, theyre based in portugal i think and it said shipping would be about 115 pounds to poland

http://www.stxstyling.co.uk/StxStyling/Cars/checkout.php?tnum=119573

You could probably knock them down for 600 pounds, just phone up and say something along the lines of, oooh thats quite expensive ive seen it somewhere for around 600, and theyll match it... maybe.

Did for me anyway

HyundaiKitCoupe

WOW!!! Thanks fellas! This helps out a lot! You know, if I ever get rich I'll buy the RSD Kit Car or have them make one for me. Then ship it over to my showroom in Poland. Finished product looks EXACTLY how I imagine. With the exception of the wheels and the color. Marvelous.
F23.jpg

F21.jpg

F22.jpg

MSD can do the same with the Hyundai Coupe Kit Car. I don't know if you all have seen it.

This really helps a lot! Thanks for your help.

HyundaiKitCoupe

yeah that's the finished product from the link jenk gave. Found it from a different gallery. WOW... looks so nice. I have connections in Poland with some car technicians who could definitely custom-install parts like these for me. Problem is if the kit costs 3.500 pounds that's what i was going to spend on buying the Cupra itself!

Ibiza_95, yeah I'd definitely set it up for Catalunya, San Remo, or Corsica rally. It would be very low indeed and those O.Z. rims to compliment. Did you notice how wide those rims are? They would cost about $2,000USD at least, scary thought.

wish the fellas from that RSD Ibiza were on these forums so I could contact them :cry: those look like Audi rims to me. I wonder if they extended the wheelbase at all. And those front fenders look like they're direct replacements. The rear body panels are what worries me, even with my Hyundai.

Here is the Hyundai Kit Car that competed with the Ibizas:
rnz132l.jpg

Notice how much wider it is. I love these two kit cars so much. Hope they soon share a garage in beautiful Poland.

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
So you planning to keep the hyundia aswell mate?
Those are the pics from gti international, i spend some good time drooling over that, nice 20vt lump under the bonnet aswell :D

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
the mk2 always looks good in red imo[B)]

wish mine was a gti but its only a 1.4:(

want to looking at getting the 2l gti 16v at some point, trouble is finding em round my area

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
chris285 said:
the mk2 always looks good in red imo[B)]

wish mine was a gti but its only a 1.4:(

want to looking at getting the 2l gti 16v at some point, trouble is finding em round my area

Im from Oxford mate, mine will be up for sale in the next few weeks, send me a pm if you want any pics im sure i have some kicking about here some where.

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
Supa_Dupa_Cupra said:
Im from Oxford mate, mine will be up for sale in the next few weeks, send me a pm if you want any pics im sure i have some kicking about here some where.
can't afford one at the moment i'm afraid, more looking at the next year or so

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
chris285 said:
can't afford one at the moment i'm afraid, more looking at the next year or so

To be honest mate if you cant afford one at the moment and your looking at next year or so... you would proberly be able to pick up a Mk3 cupra in the high 3k mark next year?

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
HyundaiKitCoupe said:
I'm saving up money right now for plans to go to Poland in a few years and buy a yellow Turbo Ibiza Cupra R in good condition and buy some F2 parts for it. Brembo brake system, coilover system, HID's, F2 spoiler/skirts/bumper, sparco leather seats, momo shifter/steering wheel, Catback exhaust, and SEATSPORT O.Z. Racing wheels. I found someone on the forum here who apparently had the same vision as I did.

Thank you very much!

Hey fella,

The Ibiza you have shown in that photo is the Mk2 Ibiza (the one in the pic is 1.4) but the sports version are GTi/Cupra Sport (1996-1999) models were either 2.0 8v or 2.0 16v or 1.8 16v but that was the earlier mk2 (1993-1996).

If you wish to have the F2 Rally kit will need to get the Mk2 as the front end of the mk3 is different and the kit wont fit. You were saying about getting a yellow Ibiza Cupra R, this is the mk3 Ibiza (1999+) that comes with a 1.8 20v Turbo engine, there's two types of "Cupra" The Ibiza Cupra is 156bhp and the Ibiza Cupra R is 180bhp... the only difference between the engines is the mapping on the ecu.

The Ibiza Cupra R is a limited edition with only a few hundred ever made, 75 of them are in the U.K. and the rest are around Europe. They are available in three colours black, red and yellow and all the Cupra R's also came with brembo calipers and 305mm discs.

It is possible to fit the 1.8 20v Turbo from the Mk3 into the earlier Mk2 a member on the site as already done this. Another engine transplant that is common is the VR6 engine from the Mk3 Golf.

Edit: Just been reading your post again, all the Ibiza's came with 5 speed gearbox, the only 6 speed they do is the Leon Cupra.

To fit the full F2 Rally kit was quite hard before because the kit was no longer made after they finished using the Ibiza for rallying but now a company as began to start produce this kit in fibre glass, the link above somethere will direct you to it.

Hope this is of help to you, Dave :)

Last edited:

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
Supa_Dupa_Cupra said:
To be honest mate if you cant afford one at the moment and your looking at next year or so... you would proberly be able to pick up a Mk3 cupra in the high 3k mark next year?
yeah i may just do that to be honest, see how things pan out really

mostly depends on job and if i move out of home