Getting a Lowered LCR into a steep drive

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
So, got the LCR Mk1 lowered a couple months ago and the thieving council came and cut my kerb, finally. The kerb is fine and an incline I thought was perfect. However, that darn splitter keeps getting snagged as I dip down, I can get over it if I full lock steering but I am so close to the bollard. Was thinking I need some sort of in filler where the dip is to stop the splitter getting caught. Anyone got any good tips and tricks on this lol

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Thanks, I saw this one. I need to look at where it scrapes and where I need to install something to clear it. I will post some pics on here later, for fun lol

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
When me and my lad are out walking the dog we can’t help looking at driveways and saying ‘we couldn’t live there’
meaning I couldn’t get a Leon on or off it.
I drive off mine at an angle but that’s fine cause the Leon’s are parked on an angle in front of the house anyway.
The daily’s are parked straight on in front so they can get on and off the drive no problem.

Reactions: Dazzalcr

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
I'm the same with my dad, ill be can't live here can't get in or out lol, my drive is steeper than this pic looks, I have to drive in close to house wall and then reverse out and down the hill(passenger wheel is in the air as well lol) having a reverse camera fitted soon as the hill has got very busy for some reason properly wanna see a mk1 lcr 😆

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
My drive

Attachments

• 20230713_134536.jpg
    20230713_134536.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 57

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
ha ha, just reading these recent posts. Dazz I got the same set-up suspension as you.. I can drive nose in first and angle in reverse to come out but cannot reverse in for love nor money.. funny thing is the car looks MUCH better when the nose is looking out but in order to do this I have to scrape the splitter just slightly
its a pain in the rear end but its worth it

Reactions: Dazzalcr

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Lol yep we'll the drive was much much worse than this till it got tarmac on it, but sadly due to the angles this was the best, tried reversing up the hill but bumper would get stuck. It is what it is Lol small sacrifices and all.had to remove my splitter completely to be able to get on and off but many prefer the look I do to be fair but also still like the splitter look

Reactions: Jay20VT

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Lol yep we'll the drive was much much worse than this till it got tarmac on it, but sadly due to the angles this was the best, tried reversing up the hill but bumper would get stuck. It is what it is Lol small sacrifices and all.had to remove my splitter completely to be able to get on and off but many prefer the look I do to be fair but also still like the splitter look
Can't think what it looks like without the splitter, have any pics to share?

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Can't think what it looks like without the splitter, have any pics to share?
Only got these 2 pal, I think it looks good to be fair makes life 2 inch easier lol

Attachments

• 20220421_122101.jpg
    20220421_122101.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220621_190421.jpg
    20220621_190421.jpg
    804.1 KB · Views: 54

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Cheers buddy and ur right the way the bumper is shaped at the bottom how it returns in on itself gives it a smart look, my mates prefer it this way, the front end on these cars with a splitter is I need to check what route I take 😀. Hope ur getting on well with your's, she done now 😆 🤣 or saving for the next little job cos car guys always have 1 more job

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Cheers buddy and ur right the way the bumper is shaped at the bottom how it returns in on itself gives it a smart look, my mates prefer it this way, the front end on these cars with a splitter is I need to check what route I take 😀. Hope ur getting on well with your's, she done now 😆 🤣 or saving for the next little job cos car guys always have 1 more job
Yeh mate, still a few things to do. Exterior wise its pretty much there but it lost quarter litre of oil since it's last service and there is a small of oil in the cabin on start up. It's going in for MOT next week so will ask them to look at that. Furthermore, the PCV pipes just under the intakes look worse for wear with some oil leakage there too. Once it's all buttoned up I will look at remap to stage 1 lol 😆

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Nice fella glad it's getting there for you, them pipes under the inlet do tarnish and that, I think when I had mine off i replaced them and the clips for new. It will be like a new car when that map is on, these cars are so understated. Enjoy your build bud 👍

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
So funny, picked up a mate last night and he was impressed about how well kept the LCR was. And he knows me for being a stickler for keeping my things nice and tidy.., then I went on to talk about the less distractions.. I don't need no gizmos and screens.. totally switched off, ha ha .. And he is nearly my ripe old age.. nothing compares ! And irreplaceable

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise