Gezmeister's Seat Leon Cupra - Now gone :( replaced with a lexus :)

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
nice choice on the wheels although im sure many will disagree

Not my first choice i must say, but for the price i couldn't grumble. 18"s will fill the arches, but they are a tad on the heavy side, so will hamper my acceleration lol. Just a temporary fix til i get something else

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Picked up some 18" Audi A8 reps yesterday, little bit of work needed (minor kerbing and corrosion) but came with 2 new tyres

Picture099.jpg

And one i blinged up earlier today

Picture100.jpg

Might wait til the better weather is in to fit them, but if i sell my standard cupra multispokes, then they will get fitted asap

These the golf ones from Norwich? I saw these on another forum they were a right bargain :D

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
;) Yup, those were the ones. Just need to sort out the corrosion and i'm onto a winner. Any tips? Just a case of sanding down with coarse grade sandpaper, then polish, finer grit, polish etc til its gone?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
;) Yup, those were the ones. Just need to sort out the corrosion and i'm onto a winner. Any tips? Just a case of sanding down with coarse grade sandpaper, then polish, finer grit, polish etc til its gone?

I thought about it when he first posted them up but I still got 2 other sets to do :cartman:

I dont think there polished? there usually chrome powercoated/painted like the TT comps I have? if so easiest thing would be to sand them down and repaint them.

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
I thought about it when he first posted them up but I still got 2 other sets to do :cartman:

I dont think there polished? there usually chrome powercoated/painted like the TT comps I have? if so easiest thing would be to sand them down and repaint them.

Um..... :shrug:

Look very shiny. Went over them with Autosol, and came up nice. Really cba to paint them, just wanna get rid of the corrosion and leave them be. If they are painted, then i'll remove all the paint and polish the whole wheel :D

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
There definatly not polished as one of them has been repainted and slightly different color to the rest? sure thats what he said.

Pretty big job to polish them but would look smart when finished :)

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
There definatly not polished as one of them has been repainted and slightly different color to the rest? sure thats what he said.

Pretty big job to polish them but would look smart when finished :)

Correct. One is slightly duller. Hmmm, looks like i'll be sanding down the whole wheel then :funk:

Is it the same prep work as your refurb guide then, minus the respraying?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Correct. One is slightly duller. Hmmm, looks like i'll be sanding down the whole wheel then :funk:

Is it the same prep work as your refurb guide then, minus the respraying?

Not really mate, you dont need to fill anything do you? as you can't polish filler, not even metal filler.

The easiest thing for you would be to paint strip them as you'd be there all day sanding the paint off [make sure its safe to use on alloy]

I'd go 180,240,320,400 then start with polishing, you may need to go to 600 depending on how your planning to polish them.

It would be easier to paint them to be honest :)

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Nitomors then? I know it'd be easier to paint, but i didn't buy these to paint them, havn't factored in the cost of materials as i have everything i need to polish them here already.

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Fitted the 18"s today

Front driver's side one is the duller one, and after fitting, i gotta admit i prefer that one to the others which are slightly more shiny, so they may get refurbed in anthracite or similar. Damn you Adam, you've changed my mind! Wanna spray them for me?

Picture101.jpg

Picture102.jpg

Picture103.jpg

Picture104.jpg

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Went up to Clive Atthowe to talk to him about a Revo remap. Managed to come away with a 5hr free trial 8)

First impressions were ok, but i have a boost leak somewhere, so performance still wasn't what it was meant to be. Then, as i was driving home, engine went all funny, lumpy running and couldn't get anywhere, felt like it went into limp mode, and then some. Called the AA out, and within about 2 mins he had diagnosed a coilpack had gone. So, £30 and 1 new coilpack and i was away again. Lets just say the drive home was very entertaining! The revs flew round, totally different car. Has definately made my mind up about getting a remap.

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Managed to fit 3 out of the 5 boost hoses today. Also gave the throttle body a good clean, runs a lot smoother, not yet convinced it has sorted my boost problem as i havn't driven any distance

cars158.jpg

cars159.jpg

cars160.jpg

Last edited:

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Pics of Swoosh boost gauge fitted. Need to buy a 'no buzz' t piece as i have quite a bit of rattle

Picture114.jpg

Picture115.jpg

And a cool night shot :wink:

Picture116.jpg

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.