Got it idling on its own today :)

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
When i bought it, it wouldnt run assumed the battery was shot, put a good battery on it and it still wouldnt idle so i started on the usual vw faults lol.

Took the TB off and cleaned it, checking the idle switch, all ok. checked the wiring along the back of the engine, all brittle and snapped so i solderd some new wire in, still didnt idle.
Checked all the vac hoses and that all ok.

In the end took the ISV off, cleaned it out and refitted, now it runs and idles perfect. :)
Took all the wheels off and emery clothed all the discs and got the brakes unseized. seem ok needs a good drive though.

Found the heatshield over the centre section has been ragged and broken and its resting on the exhaust, rattles badly but ill sort that saturday. my only concern is the rock hard clutch pedal, dont wanna put a pedal box or a clutch in it if i can help it. So im getting a cable on it first and fingers crossed. but its pretty much ready for a MOT, just waiting for the log book before i spend any money on it really. :D

(Might get some pic whoring later) :whistle:

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
here it is, with some pics of the dodgy wiring i found.

Photo065.jpg

Photo064.jpg

Photo062.jpg

didnt take a pic of my dirty then clean isv as i couldnt feel my fingers and it was snowing lol

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
still vexxed that i missed this one! doh...you should have a prezzy 2moro bud

what a package bomb? lol

looks clean in that first pic, bloody heck!
good you know your stuff, this will be sorted quickly

is the clutch cable a big job? i think mine needs changing, need to look, but i can't see where my car is under all this snow lol

PS throttle body, did you emery cloth that too? i need to clean mine out, all the grimes annoying me lol

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
to be honest the throttle body was in good nick before i cleaned it. just used some brake cleaner product, pretty effective at braking down crap.

never done a clutch cable on one of these, hopefully it will just unhook at either end and feed it through. if i can get the slack to get it off i just chop it off lol.

N3 CPRA

Dec 7, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
That looks sweet mate, at least this one came with the sideskirts im still lookin for some for mine round here prving extremely difficult.
Looks good tho you got many plans for it?

red chilli

sounds stupid what is the isv do you have a pic of it ?

, please dont shoot me down in flames ,this car is driving me up the wall !

wont idle after first start runs fine for 5mins then idle drops and hunts untill it stalls ,

ive cleaned throttle body to no avial with carb cleaner cheers in advance paul

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
its a piece of piss to get to, depending what engine your got depends where it is.

It doesnt have aircon, and yeah had to trailer it, flat battery, flat tyres, seized brakes lol

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
Dont know what to do with it yet, waiting till i get the log book before i start on it, so got a week or 2 to think it over.

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
dunno, dont care lol. been covered hundreds of times since ive been on this forum. my opinion is they were Gtis then someone stuck a cupra badge on to sell some more. aircon/sunroof depends on how they were spec'd by the dealers/first buyers.

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Love finding bargains like this.... and then fixing them for none/little money ;)

Did the same with my old 8v..... wouldn't idle..... solution - clean the TB :thumbup: got it for about £500 less than market value, got 18months driving out of it, and sold it to Anthony for the same as what I paid for it ;) :lol:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise