Guide on how to fix leak at bonnet handle (due to the connector from the back windscreen wash coming off)

Dec 20, 2022
This is a guide on how to get to the connector for the back screenwash located at the bonnet release at the passenger side for a SEAT Leon M3.
I did this because my back windscreen wash was not going though. I could hear a noise when in use and noticed it was leaking from the bonnet release handle. So I figured out the connector properly came off.

Tools I used: A flat head screw driver (needed to remove the handle and for the small plastic screw) and a plastic crow bar and wedge (got one of eBay for £3) (not really needed but helped a small bit)

Removing trim to get to connector
+
I first removed the bonnet release handle.
+ I then removed the pin (located at the back of the handle). It's a plastic screw which has a cap on it. Just pop the cap off and unscrew it. Then remove the plastic anchor.
+ I pulled up the still trim. I only did this around the passenger side door as I did not want to go though the process of removing all the pieces of plastic around it. So it's sort of in the way, but you can reach what you need to.
(rough idea of how it's done)
+ I then reconnect the pipe back together (image of before and after).
+ I made sure it worked before putting the trim back. Sure enough it did and no more leaks and back windscreen washer fluid was working :D

Putting everything back together
+
Putting the still trim back was an absolute ball ache. Make sure the metal clips are properly slid in before trying as it will not be a secure fit (located underneath the trim). (I've attached another image of where these connection points are). It should fasten into place if not check that you haven't lost a connector and that it's going into its little slot. Aswell as makeing sure the front part is in its groove.
+ When reconnecting the bonnet release handle look at the first video to see how it's done.

And that is it.
Hope this helps anyone who had the same issue. I'm not very car savvy, but if I can do it, you properly can. But if you want to avoid all the hassle just take it to your local garage 👍

Link to Seat Leon file where I got most of the information found
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19_2_m-Cb1fCVbbHFyU3tSTsKpeTSUF4i/view?usp=drivesdk

Attachments

• IMG_20230410_115515.jpg
    IMG_20230410_115515.jpg
    623 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20230410_115914.jpg
    IMG_20230410_115914.jpg
    486.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_20230410-133413.jpg
    Screenshot_20230410-133413.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Reactions: Walone