Headlight Fix/Replacement.

P90

Oct 22, 2023
Hey,

Following the recent storms and me thinking my car would make a suitable boat I have heavy condensation in both headlights and slight in both fog lights. On the passenger side headlight the day time running light flickers, there's no indicator and no low beam. I'm hoping maybe drying them out might help but I'm doubtful. As I have the LED headlights is there anyway to dry them out to get rid of the condensation at all or is it new headlights required?

If replacements are needed does anyone know if I'm able to replace with bulbed headlight units rather than LED?

Cheers.

Nick Bacon

Feb 18, 2023
@P90 When I bought my second hand mk3 it had quite severe condensation inside the left LCD headlight. I removed the rubber cover on the rear and blew a hair dryer in there until the condensation all went. It worked a treat. It took maybe 1/2 hour ish.

If you need a replacement I do not think you can change the type of light unit. There are second hand pnes atht come up on ebay but make sure you get the exact same as yours if you go down this route. Some of these are crash damage ones and may have the fixing lugs broken off but SEAT do a factory repair kit for these available from dealers (some of which are on ebay) which makes them as good as new so don’t be put off.

P90

Oct 22, 2023
Thanks mate, now using a hairdryer as I type this and it is shifting the condensation. Hopefully it works, LED headlights are expensive!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise