headlights

Jan 1, 2024
I just bought a 23 plate v2 formentor ,my issue is i like to drive the car without the main headlights "on",during the day .every time i press the headlights off ,when the car moves forward they come back on ,how can i keep them switched off please

Apr 30, 2021
Don't think you can do anything. When sensors registered low daylight they will automatic turn on. I was drive in sunset one time, I turn off main beam, but after few seconds get message on table to turn on main beams, I do nothing but car turn it on automatically.

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
I just bought a 23 plate v2 formentor ,my issue is i like to drive the car without the main headlights "on",during the day .every time i press the headlights off ,when the car moves forward they come back on ,how can i keep them switched off please
As been said it is only the DRL's that are coming on not the main dipped headlights, and the DRL's are "Day Time Running Lights" Which are legal to have in the UK
Plus having the DRL's on means others can see you !

Jan 1, 2024
update on my issue,since i have bought the car last week ,i stay in Scotland the weather is as bad as ever ,rain every day and dark skys, today i had blue skys and i could switch off the front main headlights for the first time ,whilst i was driving the car.my issue must be with the weather and the car outside safety measures . the windscreen wipers been on and the outside light visibility.

tomek_olo

Cupra Leon ST VZ 2.0 245 DNPA DQ381
Jan 28, 2022
There is a setting in the infotainment to turn on main(low) beam automatically during rain.

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
Have you actually looked at the headlamps to see which elements are lit? The DRLs on my 2018 Leon FR are bright enough to drive the car around a dark carpark at low speed (done by accident).

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.