Heads up - BSH Catch Can Kit for £100

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Ive recently installed one of these, seems to work great. I'll post up some pics in regards to my fitting as its different to the golf.

Last edited:

ares

Jun 28, 2008
Greece, Athens
Here is a photo of my setup:
cupra_pcv.jpg

Al

Aug 29, 2005
are any of you going to 'Seafoam' before you put the catch tank on?

I was looking in to this, hence my reason for deciding to going with a catch can kit after being against the idea.

It seems that despite using proper oil, fuel additives etc that the build up still happens. I am thinking that a manual clean of the intake valves may be more effective unless someone can prove that "seafoam" works and has no detrimental effects.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I was looking in to this, hence my reason for deciding to going with a catch can kit after being against the idea.

It seems that despite using proper oil, fuel additives etc that the build up still happens. I am thinking that a manual clean of the intake valves may be more effective unless someone can prove that "seafoam" works and has no detrimental effects.

I was just thinking that whilst the catch can stops the coking getting any worse, it won't actually improve the situation you currently have. Dread to think what mine may look like at 28k miles :headhurt:

With the misfires I have, I may need some new coilpacks, plus new spark plugs, and possibly new injector(s). I have a new CAI on the way, and now need to consider a catch can, plus a 'seafoam' clean & then an oil change ...... :censored:

Somewhere in there I have to pay for living, holidays and petrol! What a firkin malarky. I've just about had enough of all this.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
As a matter of course, I do an oil change between services, sometimes two oil changes. Just did mine at the weekend there with Castrol Edge 5W30 Fully Synthetic.

I am going to look in to the most effective/easiest/cheapest way to clean the intake valves though. My car is not far behind yours in miles so is probably in a similar state.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I've added myself to the growing horde. I guess this is what you were calling me about Al? I was deep in conversation at Awesome when you rang yesterday.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I've added myself to the growing horde. I guess this is what you were calling me about Al? I was deep in conversation at Awesome when you rang yesterday.

Aye that was it, and to check to make sure it would be ok to put a link like this up.

Is anyone going for the large can?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise