heated wing mirror problem

vagfam1

Apr 23, 2008
hey guys just a quick question i was hoping you could help me with, ive recently noticed that my heated wing mirror on the drivers side of my '52 tdi sport ibiza doesnt heat up anymore, the passangers one heats up just fine. ive searched the forum but i havent found any useful information. ive changed the fuse and still no luck :(
any ideas??

cheers matt

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Well I'd suspect that the mirror heater element will have got burnt out. To check this out you would need to measure the resistance of that heater - it should be quite low, if its rough 1K or more then you'll know its burnt out and is O/C - it is only the charred backing tape that is giving the high restistance reading.

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
As said above, its probably the heating element behind the mirror. You should be able to buy a new glass with heating element from seat for a few quid. To check this you could either check the resistance (as above) of the element, or check the voltage reaching the mirror (put a small 12V bulb across it momentarily if you dont have a volt/multi meter). The mirror glass shoould just pop out if you are carefull so you can check the above.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.