heated wing mirrors?

neil550

Hi,

I recently bought an FR550 and I was wondering if it supposed to have heated wing mirrors.

I see the sign for heated stuff at the central position of the joystick but not sure if it comes as standard on the car.. if it does how do you turn it on? :confused:

Pheo

Sep 11, 2009
Turn the joystick to the central position, they'll come on. Thats 12 o'clock.

Test it next time they are wet by putting the joystick to the middle position (by turning it!), it should evaporate the water off after a while. Pretty sure its standard though!

If you stick the switch in the 6 o'clock position, it should fold the mirrors in. (I didn't realise this until I did it by accident!)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I tested mine today , Mirrors where covered in snow

Turned it on and about 5 mins later all snow had melted / Fallen off

rpmleon

RPM
Sep 9, 2007
Bedfordshire
The Mirror Adjust Joy Stick must be set in the middle for it to work (Got caught out myself when I first bought my car :rolleyes:) And I think they only work when you have the heated rear windscreen on.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
The Mirror Adjust Joy Stick must be set in the middle for it to work (Got caught out myself when I first bought my car :rolleyes:) And I think they only work when you have the heated rear windscreen on.

Nope, they work indipendantly from the heated rear screen. Just leave the mirror adjust stick in the middle and the mirrors will cook away come rain or shine.

joolsvern

The biggest MEMBER here
Jun 22, 2009
Doncaster
I never realised it had to be in the middle, I had a look today and realised it has a littel symbol like the rear screen heater - it was a DOH moment even though I have not really needed them heated.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.