heater not blowing hot air?

cuprafay22

hi all as above i have a 55plate cupra tdi and recently the heater stopped blowing hot air into the car?it has the climate controll and the fan works as normal but no hot air even the engine is up to normal temp,it has had a new water pump and thermostat and is bleed corectly but no luck?has any one ever come across this before? i would like to check the controll valve which i guess is controlled by a servo or the like?any idears where abouts it is or how to get to it? would be very greatfull for any help thanks fay

cuprafay22

hi thanks for the reply, is a common problem with the seat heaters then? any idea where it is and how to test this? thanks again fay

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
The way I read your first post is that the blower blows fine but it doesn't blow hot. This would rule out the blower speed resistor fault.

If this is the case what does the outside temp display say? remember there are 2 temp displays, one in with the fuel computer and one in with the climate control display.

If the outside temp is reading way out or reading "----" it can confuse the climate control.

What sort of warm air blowing do you get on "HI" setting ?

Last edited:

cuprafay22

hi thanks for the help, your right the fan works as it should just dont not blow hot air into the cabin,as for the temp display i'm sure its not that far out that i have noticed but will double check now thanks again for you help.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
have a go at setting it to HI as that should bypass any control and just go full wack.

If you still don't get any warm or hot air on Hi then I reckon maybe there must be a hot water valve with a stepper motor that is stuck shut.

cuprafay22

hi,yeah have turned it up till it just reads high and still the same, i think your right in saying about the valve stuck but i'm used to older cars with cable operated dails lol dont no where the stepper moter or valve is even!i guess all i can do is strip the dash out next weekend as it must be around the heater area?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Check all the fuses first, you never know. Then maybe get on the Vag-Com section and ask for anyone local that could maybe have a scan and see what faults you have got logged.

Maybe if the faults are cleared it might start working again.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
flaps controlled by a motor could be that stuck/broke

check heater pipes on the bulkhead to make sure warm water is actually flowing through the heater rad first and see if it changes temperature when you select cold (without AC) i.e. swap hot to cold a few times to see if you get any differences

as Nathwarr says worth a vagcom check as i'm sure there is cent conv. option to reset/test em

not an ideal pic as it's usually a LHD drawing but (27a) is the temp regulator flap motor

820100.png

Last edited:

cuprafay22

yeah have checked the fuses,believe it or not its at the seat main dealer at the moment who cant seem to fix it,long story but they have changed the thermostat,water pump checked the rad,told me maybe thats as hot as it gets!and to top it all then said maybe head gasket/cracked head!all on a car that drives fine uses no oil or water,has no sludgey white oil,no smoke and never gets hot! so now have given up and will go over it myself! all i want is the heater to blow hot air!

cuprafay22

thanks fl@pper thats great! if you mean the temp display on the climate controll panel then no this shows as it should i can turn this up untill it reads high but makes no differnce to the air and the outside temp display seems to read as it should ie when its frezzing it beeps etc and seems to be about right etc

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.