help!! bloody clutch pedal broke this morning

Big_A_Cupra20vt

Jan 4, 2007
margate
hi i was about to take girlfriend to work today (as i normally do) but when i put my foot on the clutch pedal it made a strange noise then just hit the floor and wouldnt pop back up, so i pulled it back with my hands , it went bang poped back up and some bits of white plastic fell out from behind it, anyone know what has happend? and could i fix it myself? if so how would i go about it and if i need replacement parts where can i get them and how much will i be ripped off for them? cheers guys and gals hope you can help as you normally do.

May 2, 2006
clutch pedal box connected to the cylinder, need new box and cilinder, and possible clutchpedal welding, i had this 2 weeks ago, you can kinda bodge it to get it to a garage like i did, use jublee's as the white box and a few cable ties

got mine fixed @awesome, new cylinder, pedal box and pedal rewelding but stronger, £160 iirc including vat (and dont let mechanics blag you saying you need a new clutch with it, you dont)

Big_A_Cupra20vt

Jan 4, 2007
margate
can i not buy a new box? then fit it myself? my old mans a welder so he should be able to sort that part out for me i just need the parts i think?

May 2, 2006
the box is connected to the cylinder iirc, if you can get the parts yourself, go for it mate, mine was done within an hour or so, its not a big task, can see it being fiddly though getting up under the dash

remember as well the price i quoted above was INCLUDING labour and vat

Big_A_Cupra20vt

Jan 4, 2007
margate
ok ive investigated further and all that is broken is the white plastic clip that i think sit in the back of the pedal with the ball on the end of the cable sitting in it, (hope that makes sense) do i need to take clutch pedal out to put a new clip in? or can it be slotted in with pedal in place?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members