Help me diagnose interior noises

Apr 5, 2024
Hi,

I recently got a used 2021 Seat Leon 2.0 TSI with 28k miles, overall I'm really happy with the car, but I have a few creaks and rattles that are driving me crazy.

1) sunroof chipping or rattling noise: this is a strange one, it happens only at high speeds (70Mph+) I hear it when going over motorway expansion points, sunroof closed, it's not from the sunroof shade, some drives it doesn't happen at all, anyone has an idea what this could be ?

2) clicking, ticking noise that seems to be coming from under right side of the driver's seat, might be from the seat belt or seat adjustment knob.

3) infotainment system plastic frame creaking on hot days, anyone else has this ?

anyone else had these noises and could shed some light on their sources and ways to fix them ?

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
Hello, I would like to use your topic to ask the same question, hope you dont mind.
But in my case, regarding the door handles and the armrest.
When driving, the car makes very few parasitic noises, but when closing any door, the handles make some "clicks".
The armrest, when you place your arm on top, also "creaks" a little.

amadeumir

Sep 15, 2021
The plastic frame creaking is normal, on the door handles too, the dashboard frame also makes some creaking noise, i think thats due to the plastic material they use, some people say that if you use silicone based spray, it will prevent that kind of noises, i never tryed so i cant say for sure but maybe it´s worth to try.
Mine makes (rarely) a knocking sound comming from the down part of the driver seatbelt, only in very bad road, beside that i have no noises.

Mar 4, 2024
Mine makes (rarely) a knocking sound comming from the down part of the driver seatbelt, only in very bad road, beside that i have no noises.
Mine has a noise in the seatbelt area (B pillar), it's been to the dealer twice for other jobs and to investigate the noise and they can't find anything wrong so if you fix yours can you let us know.

MR T

Jul 10, 2004
BOONDOCKS
My passenger door intermittently creaks it's definetly the door trim, sadly no amount of hitting it or pulling it around works.

amadeumir

Sep 15, 2021
Mine has a noise in the seatbelt area (B pillar), it's been to the dealer twice for other jobs and to investigate the noise and they can't find anything wrong so if you fix yours can you let us know.
They know the noise is there, they just cant fix it, mine was reajusted, but after a few days the noise was back, its the seatbelt mechanism movement that causes that noise in mine, One of these days ill disassemble it and will try to put there some soundproof foam to see if it works.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
I find the best cure for annoying noises is to occasionally drive a fifteen year old clunker. Then, when you get back in your new car, you then realise it's pretty silent and a lovely place to be...

• Haha
Reactions: Yern
Apr 5, 2024
I find the best cure for annoying noises is to occasionally drive a fifteen year old clunker. Then, when you get back in your new car, you then realise it's pretty silent and a lovely place to be...
Hahaha 🤣
Honestly it's significantly quieter than my previous car (2014 vw up) and my parents Peugeot and Hyundai.
Maybe that's part of the problem, it's so quite that evey little noise stands out.

amadeumir

Sep 15, 2021
My other car is 20 year old Saab, and apart engine sound is pretty silent. I think the material used was better back then, although it has some hard plastics in the armrest zone. Things were built to last longer. Nowadays its usual to have weird noises and rattles, no matter the brand, they all have it, even premium brands.