Help on Spare wheel options

Mar 8, 2024
Hi , Just wondering what people have done for a spare wheel, as picking up a Cupra Leon 310Bhp estate 23 plate that only comes with tyre gunk. With the roads around north Wales looking like a wartime dunkirk beach landing not having a spare wheel is a really bad idea.

Was the factory fitted emergency tyre supplied as a R19 , and will any other VW cars have the same fitting tyre

Also does a full size spare fit under the boot ?

thanks in advance

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi , Just wondering what people have done for a spare wheel, as picking up a Cupra Leon 310Bhp estate 23 plate that only comes with tyre gunk. With the roads around north Wales looking like a wartime dunkirk beach landing not having a spare wheel is a really bad idea.

Was the factory fitted emergency tyre supplied as a R19 , and will any other VW cars have the same fitting tyre

Also does a full size spare fit under the boot ?

thanks in advance
My Leon came with a 18" spacesaver as standard, and it has a bigger space around it so I think the full size alloy would fit,

tomek_olo

Cupra Leon ST VZ 2.0 245 DNPA DQ381
Jan 28, 2022
Unfortunately the full size alloy will not fit with the trunk floor in the lower position. Been there, tried that.

Mar 8, 2024
My Leon came with a 18" spacesaver as standard, and it has a bigger space around it so I think the full size alloy would fit,
does the car have 19" alloys or 18" curious if they have matched the wheel size because other car brands some times give out a small diameter space saver

Mar 8, 2024
does the car have 19" alloys or 18" curious if they have matched the wheel size because other car brands some times give out a small diameter space saver
Also would it be possible to let me know the tyre size on the space saver eg TYRE : 125/70/R18 - as looking on ebay there are a few options

tomek_olo

Cupra Leon ST VZ 2.0 245 DNPA DQ381
Jan 28, 2022
Eeerm, the boot floor does not need stabilizing in the higher setting.

Mar 8, 2024
As my car is the hatchback I have no moveable trunk floor.
I guess the wheel is a 125/70/R18 , would you mind telling me what the ET number offset is on the stamped part of the wheel as there quite a few different ones on ebay. As the dealer came back and they wanted £480 for the emergency spare and £1350 for full size alloy spare so silly prices

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise