Help please key or is it central locking?

king6897

Hi

we have just got our cupra r back today after a minor disaster last week when the water pump seized solid stripping the cambelt and bending two valves, anyway upon getting it back today something weird has occured and I wondered of anyone has any ideas, basically we can unlock the front door with the remote key but none of the other doors or boot open form the outside handles, however if you press the unlock button on the drivers doors all the doors unlock and the outer handles work and you can also open the doors from the interior handles it just seems the exterior handles aren't working when using the key fob to unlock or is it the key fob itself can anyone help please is it something common or should I just take it back?

hope thats makes sense

Cheers
Paul

Mikey P

The Flying Custard
Mar 4, 2009
Manchester
was gona say thats normal,when you press it once the drivers door opens then press again and the rest open, poss a one of the motors starting to stick??not sure tho,might be worth taking it back and trying to blame them for it lol

Mandip

Mar 29, 2009
Milton Keynes
With mine if you press unlock button once it unlocks the drivers door, if you then tap the unlock button twice it opens all the doors.

I doubt it would be a lock sticking because all the doors open when you hit the unlock button on the drivers door right?

When you lock/unlock the doors do the indicators flash? I say this because when i first bought my lcr the indicators never flashed when i locked the doors. When i took it the garage it turned out that the passenger lock was jammed and completly broken inside due to some cowboy workmanship and so i had to get this replaced. Once replaced the indicators began to flash when the car was locked. So if they dont flash when locking and unlocking it could be a sign that something is not working as it should.

Also i have heard that you can change the settings using vagcom, whereby you can set whether you want all doors to open with one click of the button or the stepped approach of drivers doors and then click twice for all doors. This may have been reset by your garage when you took your car in?

Mandip

Mar 29, 2009
Milton Keynes
Hi one other you could also have a look at is fuse number 38 which is the central locking fuse, apparently its quite common for this to blow.

king6897

Cheers I have spoken to the garage and they say its because the battery has been off for a while ( 10 days) whilst they did the work and the fob needs reprogramming they are going to sort it for me tuesday