High Level Brake Light - Constant ?

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Can someone shed any "light",

Should the 3rd Brake Light be constantly lit when the lights are on, i dont mean fully, i mean slight illumination, works fine when brakes are applied. Never really noticed it, only when i saw another LCR tonight and theirs wasnt lit !

Last edited:

transporter

Jul 30, 2004
CLAY LAND
cuprasmiff said:
i noticed that on the way back shouldnt do that trannies wasnt on and i know mine dont stay on ,dodgie thing:D

keep callin me trannnie and!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont think i saw urs come on , u just used the force at every junction and bend ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
transporter said:
keep callin me trannnie and!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont think i saw urs come on , u just used the force at every junction and bend ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
the force is strong with me :) plus mine dont work:lol TRANNI TRANNI TRANNI TRANNI

illustrious

Converted Beezer lover..
Apr 5, 2005
Worcestershire
My high level brake light seems to take some pedal travel before it comes on. I can brake gently but significantly and nothing. Maybe none of my brake lights are coming on. I have to give the pedal a good bit of force to see it glowing in my rear view mirror. Maybe get it looked at..

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
I had that. The sensor had gone so the brakes only came on when you pressed hard (which you always do when testing em :rolleyes: ).
Best get it looked at before someone drives into the back of you.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
To be honest i cant understand it. Its lit up, but not brightly lit, when the brakes are applied, it lights up brighter.

Could it be any significance, that i only installed LED Stop Light bulbs yesterday, cant see how though.

RichN

Collecting Rings
Jan 29, 2005
Oxford
www.Oxford7s.net
Empi5 said:
To be honest i cant understand it. Its lit up, but not brightly lit, when the brakes are applied, it lights up brighter.

Could it be any significance, that i only installed LED Stop Light bulbs yesterday, cant see how though.

Maybe before the LEDs were installed, it was fine?
Do the bulbs require slightly more power to come on, so you didn't notice it when they were in.. now the LEDs are there, they're constantly lit.

I think what I'm saying is put it back, does it change? If so, what about other people who use LEDs?

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Either something is wrong (i.e. grounding out somewhere), or you are just seeing a reflection and taking it for a low level light. A 3rd high level brake light is just that - it comes on with the brakes. It is not a red sidelight that comes on with the other rear lenses. There are no cars that do this (or at least, there are no cars that should do this, until people mess about with wiring).

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Yep, definitly the fault of them LED Bulbs, replaced them with the OEM ones and the 3rd Brake Light goes out, put the LEDS back in, and it lights up again, obviously the LED requires more Power,

But IMO they look much better, not chav at all,

illustrious

Converted Beezer lover..
Apr 5, 2005
Worcestershire
NeilC said:
I had that. The sensor had gone so the brakes only came on when you pressed hard (which you always do when testing em :rolleyes: ).
Best get it looked at before someone drives into the back of you.

Which sensor is it that has likely gone and do you know how much it is to get it replaced? Is it an easy job to do myself? Ta

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members