Hmmmmm...ice INSIDE the car!!!!

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
This is going to sound completely daft but its really sensible!

Do you park anywhere under trees, near falling leaves etc, or sometimes have leaves by your windscreen wipers?...I digged out a whole load that had worked there way under the plastic scuttle and gone inbetween the windscreen and firewall.

Anything in there holds the water/damp like a sponge, id say that is probably your cause.

You can check by lifting up the rubber seal on the firewall and having a quick look, if you do have lots of crap in there, then you will need to remove the windscreen wipers and the plastic scuttle and dish out all the crap.

Leedstilidie

Altea frozen

Help. This is the first winter we've had the altea (2007 Plate). The first frost this morning and the windscreen was frozen on the inside and the outside. Missus wasn't happy!! Have read all suggestions and everything has recently been checked. Although we've just had the car back from the bodyshop due to a bump so could this account for excess internal moisture??

The wife makes a short 15 min journey to work and back as I use the van. Can anybody suggest a succesful method of getting rid of internal moisture during this period by using climate control, vents etc. Thanks in advance.

The windscreen does take a long time to clear but have told her this is usual with deisel engines. Just a bit shocked at the frost on the inside.

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Lift the mats in the car,and litterally punch the floor hard,i was getting this and the carpet felt dry to the touch,but the water was in the sound deadning under the carpet,only a good punch will bring it up!
Turned out to be a windscreen leak on mine! :(

Leedstilidie

Cheers i'll try that. Think the most plausable will be the post bodywork valeting. Hopefully it will dry out.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise