Hoping to buy a Cupra ST300 4drive

cuthound

Jan 26, 2024
Hi and thanks for letting me join your forum.

Next Tuesday I'm off to have a look at a 2020 Cupra ST300 4drive which is located about 100 miles away from me at Pentagon Huddersfield.

Other than the usual things like how the car drives, tyre wear, smoke from the exhaust, signs of accident damage and whether the coolant header contains a bag of silicon (and that the heater works) is there anything else I need to be aware of?

The car has done a tad over 17,000 miles and apparently has a full service history and is fitted with the convenience plus pack.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Hi

Is it this one:

Wasn't sure as that listing is for a similar car but with 26k miles.
Not sure what convenience pack plus is. I think that's standard on Cupra from a quick Google search.

Check alloys and I think the car should have a spare wheel too.
Mine is similar model but is the Lux.

cuthound

Jan 26, 2024
Hi

Is it this one:

Wasn't sure as that listing is for a similar car but with 26k miles.
Not sure what convenience pack plus is. I think that's standard on Cupra from a quick Google search.

Check alloys and I think the car should have a spare wheel too.
Mine is similar model but is the Lux.

No they had two "in prep" at the beginning of the year, the one you have linked to and an identically specced one with 17k miles and first registered in June 2020. I put a fully refundable deposit on it so they took down the advert. If I don't buy it on Tuesday then I guess they will re-advertise it ASAP.

Convenience Pack is self dipping mirror and auto lights which as far as I can see virtually all ST 300's seem to have.

Thanks, they have supplied me with photos and the alloys seem OK (as far as only major kerbings will show on a photo) and the car seems to have a plain steel spare wheel.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
No they had two "in prep" at the beginning of the year, the one you have linked to and an identically specced one with 17k miles and first registered in June 2020. I put a fully refundable deposit on it so they took down the advert. If I don't buy it on Tuesday then I guess they will re-advertise it ASAP.

Convenience Pack is self dipping mirror and auto lights which as far as I can see virtually all ST 300's seem to have.

Thanks, they have supplied me with photos and the alloys seem OK (as far as only major kerbings will show on a photo) and the car seems to have a plain steel spare wheel.
Yeah, I thought they might have removed if you had reserved.
I'm pretty sure that pack is standard kit.
If you are happy with it, maybe try to get a longer warranty included!

cuthound

Jan 26, 2024
Yeah, I thought they might have removed if you had reserved.
I'm pretty sure that pack is standard kit.
If you are happy with it, maybe try to get a longer warranty included!

The SEAT extended warranty isn't that great. Although the total claim value is the value of the car, individual claims are limited to a maximum of £1k.

The Car Plan warranty is also limited to the total value of the car but individual claims are not limited, so I'll probably take their "free" 3 month warranty and then buy the Car Plan one and try to get a discount on purchase price.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
The SEAT extended warranty isn't that great. Although the total claim value is the value of the car, individual claims are limited to a maximum of £1k.

The Car Plan warranty is also limited to the total value of the car but individual claims are not limited, so I'll probably take their "free" 3 month warranty and then buy the Car Plan one and try to get a discount on purchase price.
I have the SEAT extended warranty bought with the car, so mine isn't the aftermarket cover. But...
Seems like the £1000 claim limit is for the named component cover. If you could wrangle SEAT's All Component Cover

Claim Limit
The maximum we will pay per claim is the market value† of your vehicle.

Reactions: cuthound

cuthound

Jan 26, 2024
So on Tuesday I bought a one owner Cupra 300ST 4drive in Magnetic gray (an attractive colour in my opinion ha ha), with 17130 miles on it. Last serviced st 17129 miles.

I'm very pleased with it and surprised me how comfortable it was on the 100 mile journey home down the M1. It is a real Jekyl and Hyde of a car.

Still getting to grips with the options available via the Infotainment System.

The mystery is that until I bought it was last taxed on 15/06/23. I wonder what it was doing for the last 7 months?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.