Introduction - my 4th seat/cupra

Feb 8, 2024
Worcester
Hi everyone
And thanks to SCN team.

Joining SCN has been long overdue. I've been a Seat/Cupra fan my whole life, with their great mix of performance, style and everyday practically. Looking to learn more about what others have done and are doing with their cars, whether it be small mods or aesthetics, practical advice and tips, or great performance upgrades.

My car history so far:
2012 Seat Leon SE Mk2 1.6 TDI (105PS)
2016 Seat Leon FR Mk3 1.8 TSI (180PS)
2017 Seat Ateca Xcellence Mk1 2.0 TDI (190 PS)

My current car:
2020 Cupra Leon ST Mk4 1.4 e-Hybrid (245 PS)

Any Cupra Leon e-Hybrid drivers out there - what mods, big or small, have you done so far? Any recommendations? Or things to avoid?

Reactions: Tell and H Rafiq

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi everyone
And thanks to SCN team.

Joining SCN has been long overdue. I've been a Seat/Cupra fan my whole life, with their great mix of performance, style and everyday practically. Looking to learn more about what others have done and are doing with their cars, whether it be small mods or aesthetics, practical advice and tips, or great performance upgrades.

My car history so far:
2012 Seat Leon SE Mk2 1.6 TDI (105PS)
2016 Seat Leon FR Mk3 1.8 TSI (180PS)
2017 Seat Ateca Xcellence Mk1 2.0 TDI (190 PS)

My current car:
2020 Cupra Leon ST Mk4 1.4 e-Hybrid (245 PS)

Any Cupra Leon e-Hybrid drivers out there - what mods, big or small, have you done so far? Any recommendations? Or things to avoid?

Welcome to SCN eventually, I have had a few SEAT's myself before the current CUPRA and stuck with petrol as EV's too expensive for a quick one and not a decent charging network yet. Hope your latest is going well and no bugs, enjoy.

Feb 8, 2024
Worcester
Welcome to SCN eventually, I have had a few SEAT's myself before the current CUPRA and stuck with petrol as EV's too expensive for a quick one and not a decent charging network yet. Hope your latest is going well and no bugs, enjoy.
I had the option of a few Leon ST' and formentors 1.5TSI's, but they were just too slow haha. Options for a 300 or 310PS were quite limited, or just not the right spec.

The ehybrid I have meets my day to day requirements, under 60 mph the in gear acceleration is great with the motors giving that instant torque low down from near idle up to about 3500-4000 rpm, beyond which both the electric motor and engine drop off in torque as expected.

My driving pattern means that during the week I'm practically 95% electric, getting around 150 mpg (because of the engine kicking in now and again), and I'm charging from home on the drive all the time, so lots of benefits there.
Recently did a weekend trip down to London, few local spots and back, circa 340 miles, averaged 48 mpg, which was better than my 2.0 TDI Ateca, and without any charging stations (all self-charging), and the bad weather too.

It's not a world beater, 0-60 is good enough in the low-mid 6s, and the battery range could be a lot better, but for how the whole package fits with our needs, it does the job well.

Reactions: Seastormer
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise