Hoping to pick up this Cupra tonight

DaneJD89

FOR SALE BBS RM 012's
Nov 13, 2009
Manchester
Alright everybody!

Going to pick up a MK3 Ibiza Cupra tonight and im pretty sure the car is or has been known on here just after a bit of advice and stuff this is the one im going for http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1328221.htm just wondering if anybody knows it? I am getting it off a chap called Dan from middlesex, seems a really straight motor apart from the couple of bad bits mentioned in the ad but I suppose that reflects the really fair price! Anything I need to be carefull with? Any info really appreciated! And I hope to be a frequent user on here ASAP.

Regards,

Dane from Manchester.

jamiebennett81

Alright everybody!

Going to pick up a MK3 Ibiza Cupra tonight and im pretty sure the car is or has been known on here just after a bit of advice and stuff this is the one im going for http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1328221.htm just wondering if anybody knows it? I am getting it off a chap called Dan from middlesex, seems a really straight motor apart from the couple of bad bits mentioned in the ad but I suppose that reflects the really fair price! Anything I need to be carefull with? Any info really appreciated! And I hope to be a frequent user on here ASAP.

Regards,

Dane from Manchester.

seems ok to me, most important thing is service history and it should be ok....

however information like "System 2 Ecu Update capable of 265bhp Exhaust Manifold and T4 Required" erm is interesting...

and a K03 with a large actuator....again interesting.

guess the owner does not know the technicalities of the car, which seems odd since he has modified the car himself, then he should know the lingo for parts and modifications on the car

no such thing as a k03 with a large actuator or a system 2 ECU update capable of 265bhp. a K03 will NEVER flow that much power, only a k03 hybrid

best of luck

DaneJD89

FOR SALE BBS RM 012's
Nov 13, 2009
Manchester
seems ok to me, most important thing is service history and it should be ok....

however information like "System 2 Ecu Update capable of 265bhp Exhaust Manifold and T4 Required" erm is interesting...

and a K03 with a large actuator....again interesting.

guess the owner does not know the technicalities of the car, which seems odd since he has modified the car himself, then he should know the lingo for parts and modifications on the car

no such thing as a k03 with a large actuator or a system 2 ECU update capable of 265bhp. a K03 will NEVER flow that much power, only a k03 hybrid

best of luck

Agree with you there the ad isnt the best out there and those things did ring bells to me also, he hasnt done all the mods himself only a couple of small things non of the main mods have been done by him and there is plenty of receipts etc. with the car and lots of history so all should be fine, I am very aware the standard k03 will not run that power and will probably max out around the 230bhp area, and it would need an s or a k04 and all the grubbings to head that way and even then it would probably need internal work once exceeding 330ish break, appreciate the help dude! Fingers crossed all is well.

Regards,

Dane.

ian_cupra

dont start me on figures with a k03 again :lol:

not sure who it is though, not seen that one, but agree with jamie he doesnt really know what he is talking about

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
sounds to me dane that you know what your looking for and know what your talking about on the mods sides of things so im sure you will be fine

never heard of the corrsion on the 1/4 panal? only on the the tailgate below the window? it may have had a 1/4 panal replaced in the past make sure you check the body work out around there, i.e poor paint job and panal gaps, boot gaps door gaps

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Jesus, looking at it again i could rip that advert apart sooooo much.

miltech? 300 cell? Miltek dont even do a 300 cell cat.

System 2 Ecu Update capable of 265bhp Exhaust Manifold and T4 Required)? L M F A O !!!!!!!!!!

Legal Privacy glass all round light smoke tint. - unless theyre factory fitted then its illegal to tint the fronts.

Brembo 320mm Brake conversion - must be one off conversion as brembo dont do a 320mm disc setup do they?

Corrosion common on the drivers side quarter? Bit specific being common fault isnt it?

Want me to go on?

DaneJD89

FOR SALE BBS RM 012's
Nov 13, 2009
Manchester
Haha bloody hell guys! Well I got the car and just got it back, pretty impressed for £2650 needs a couple of bits tidying up like, as for the bodywork there is a bit of bubbling on the seam under the O/S/R light and a bit on the arch on the same side, as for the mods, it has a Forge front mount and Samco FMIC and turbo hoses, Revo stage 2 map, Forge 007 DV, Speedline Turinis, Brembo brake conversion up front not sure on size (I got told 323mm) I imagine its putting out around 220ish bhp, has an Autometer boost gauge in a pillar pod, tints all round which yeah they wont be legal on the fronts I imagine even if they are fairly light, Seat sport/Momo front strut, some sort of lowered suspension set up not sure what and a full stainless exhuast from cat-back (I think its supersprint from centre back and the cat section is from Awesome, not sure what brand will get it on a ramp anyway), not looked through all the bills properly but there is receipts for all the mods listed above, as for 4 bar fuel pressure reg and N75 (clearly have no clue what im talking about here lol as im sure its an N something or other else) mod etc. Not clued up on these so im not sure what is and what isnt I shall investigate anyway, I feel as though I have got a fair deal although there is a few hundred quid to be spent to have it mint (in my OCD eyes that is) I am just pleased to be in a basically nice example of a MK3 IC the rest is all progress!

Cheers for the help guys, and when I come to sell you can rest assured the ad will be a whole lot different to the one you have layed eyes on! :lol:

Dane.

Last edited:

DaneJD89

FOR SALE BBS RM 012's
Nov 13, 2009
Manchester
sounds to me dane that you know what your looking for and know what your talking about on the mods sides of things so im sure you will be fine

never heard of the corrsion on the 1/4 panal? only on the the tailgate below the window? it may have had a 1/4 panal replaced in the past make sure you check the body work out around there, i.e poor paint job and panal gaps, boot gaps door gaps

Cheers dude, Yeah looking at a few bits of receipts and a couple of bits here and there on the car I reckon it has had some sort of bodywork done, I am gonna do the best I can funds allowing to get it all spot on, as said in a different post I think I have got a fair deal considering what the car has on her etc. If not then oh well! Live and learn I guess, cars are all money pits anyway :happy:

daves ibiza

car looks good fair play. but as phill saids it sounds like he dont no whats on his car

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
If its Revo stage 2 then it should have a downpipe with decat/high flow cat. Make sure of that or it could be running like crap if someone didnt have a clue what settings to use.

DaneJD89

FOR SALE BBS RM 012's
Nov 13, 2009
Manchester
If its Revo stage 2 then it should have a downpipe with decat/high flow cat. Make sure of that or it could be running like crap if someone didnt have a clue what settings to use.

I have a receipt from Awesome for a downpipe/cat not sure exactly what still learning, but it was about £350 and is Miltek and either de-cat or high flow cat, non of the work was done by the fella I got it off I reckon the person before knew what they was doing it has a huge history all full and proper with loads of bills for mods and stuff.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.