How did you fit your Nomad A Pillar

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Hi, After finishing on the MNR for the day thought id get my boost gauge out and have a look at fitting it. Gauge fits pod great and now im onto trial fitment of the pillar before i plumb it all in. Any suggestions on getting a good fit. So far ive used a miniscule self tapper hidden under the black trim but is slightly exposed unless tightened up but the tighter it gets the further it pulls the top out so that idea needs a re think. Im yet to use any of the velcro so maybe that would help just looking for other opinions and ideas
Cheers
Adam

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Thanks, i think my screw is slightly off but have tried with the supplied velcro and its taken a lot of the gap i had away - i was thinking id have to make spacers so the velco met the centre but turns out i wont as the edges make good contact and its very heavy duty stuff which is nice to see.

J0N

Defected!
I used a self tapper screwed onto the top yellow clip that the original part fits onto. As for fitting the gauge into the pod I wrapped a large tie-wrap around the gauge body as there is'nt enough room for the clamp. All works fine, does'nt rattle and can be easily removed if necessary.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
texture is ok but pod where gauge sits is smooth so 2 textures.
I found the screw fine to hold it in place
Jonny, i cut the backing piece in half and that was enough to hold the gauges in without rattling

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Im really impressed with the quality of it as you cant even see the back of the gauge housing when its on. For me all that could be better is that it fits like the oem one using the oem clips but thats asking far too much.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Yes but hence the start of the thread you can fit it however you like. Im not a fan of a screw as it doesnt look oem so im trying to hide one under the a pillar trim which i think will work along with velcro. As for the gauge fitment mine was tight and you can only fit half the gauge bracket which is easily cut to shape. for extra security and to cover the slight whiteness of the gauge you can see from the side of the pod i put a strip of electrical tape around the top part and it works very well.
Adam

Last edited:

Deleted member 12147

I cut off one of the original fixings off the standard pillar. I then glued it to the nomad one, so no need for any screws :)

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
I been thinking about that but wondering how easy it is to get correct. I might give this a go using tiger seal which should be pretty strong, will need to get the old one off first:(

Leon_Chris

Sep 15, 2008
East Mids - Grantham
i am having trouble with getting the velcro to stick to the pillar, maybe i am not using a strong enough brand but i am gonna have a go at cutting a clip off the old pillar..... i take it the hardest part is getting it all lined up???

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members