How many miles per full tank?

APNess

Feb 1, 2005
Tend to just get the black smoke at high revs usually, not something associated with econonmy driving!

I get 400-430 miles per tank usually, that's from full (without venting) to the reserve light/beep. I only drive 7 miles each way to work/back, but do so at funny times in the morning so need the car. Some mornings I average 6mph avg speed, which don't help :( I don't drive on reserve for long if I can help it - the remaining range tends to alarm me when its reading 25 one minute 0 the next cause I went round a corner!

Usually though, fill car once a month, £50, that sorts me out.

Last tank I put in Shell VMax power stuff whatever it is. Can't say it's better on fuel but it does seem to be slightly more responsive with the right foot. I wondered what it was until I remembered the fuel I'd used rather than normal shell stuff.

leontdi130

Jan 20, 2008
Euxton (Chorley)
mpg and intercooler.

I get around 400 to a tank but ive to really try to get that but i used to get 500 without having to try, and on a long run i used to get over 600 miles. now im only getting 470 miles on a run. i use shell extra and have done since i got it. ive tried a few other brands just recently and its not made a difference. The battery was dissconnected for a few days the other month when i had the clutch upgraded so that would of done the ecu reset thing. My air filter is clean so it can't be that. Don't know what else to try.

Could it be an EGR valve problem?

As for the intercooler leak, mine seems to be coming fron the middle of it. it really is somthing and nothing but im just keeping an eye on it. Does anyone know of somewhere that does an upgraded one which fits in the same place in the corner?

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
I have noticed at the moment my MPG is between 41-43 per trip whereas 6 months ago it was more like 43-47....I have put it down to the weather mostly, suppose we'll see come spring!

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
I have got 3/8 of a tank left, and have done around 350 miles atm. So I should be on for 560 miles to the tank but I dont think that'll happen!

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
I have noticed at the moment my MPG is between 41-43 per trip whereas 6 months ago it was more like 43-47....I have put it down to the weather mostly, suppose we'll see come spring!
Interesting, mine is up recently.
Done over 500 miles with a quarter left in the tank. Looking good for aprox 650 this week :D

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Very light foot eh Davey?:lol:
Glynn

Not really mate. Sensible driving mostly, but i had a couple of sprints in between to keep things fun.
Cruise control helps to keep it consistent. Still swear by Millers (just had 2 bottle delivered today as it happens) :)
I fail to see how any Leon owner can't get 500 miles if the journey is a fair distance and the driving style is sensible. I get 400 by the time i get to half empty.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.