how much boost pressure mapped LCR

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
how much boost (approx) will a remapped LCR be running?

i have a 007dv with green spring and after looking on forge website it suggests if your running 15-23 psi you should opt for a yellow spring. green spring is anything under 15 psi.

im just concerned i mite be loosing boost or not have optimum performance from dv with the standard green spring.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Bill will tell you that the green spring is fine. If you have the DV in the "normal" way, the boost is acting against the side of the piston, so it's not just spring pressure (and a bit of boost) holding it clsoed.

Yellow was more responsive on mine, I thought.

Oh, and if you don't want to pay £20 (I thought they were £10?) I have some rusty old bedsprings here, I can spray one of those yellow if you want. I haven't a clue what boost they're rated to, but they're cheap....

R Power

R Power
May 19, 2008
Coventry
I remapped my car last week, and have a 007p DV fitted already, it does dump a lot louder now and is very noticable. Just wondering would this mean im leaking boost? im not sure what boost pressure im running at the moment though. Would you guys upgrade the spring after a stage one remap?

dean_CFR

May 26, 2008
Mansfield
Oh, and if you don't want to pay £20 (I thought they were £10?) I have some rusty old bedsprings here, I can spray one of those yellow if you want. I haven't a clue what boost they're rated to, but they're cheap....

:lol: i dont normaly hijack threads but that made me laugh so much

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
I remapped my car last week, and have a 007p DV fitted already, it does dump a lot louder now and is very noticable. Just wondering would this mean im leaking boost? im not sure what boost pressure im running at the moment though. Would you guys upgrade the spring after a stage one remap?

ive been told two different things. 1 is that a weak spring can leak boost - probably on full boost between 4k-6k revs. 2 is that a green spring is fine on a stage 2 lcr at 300bhp so not sure.

i have my dv upright as the original came off. sounds like a whooshing sound as comes on boost and keeps on whooshing until i let off the the throttle and get a short different sounding woosh! if that makes sense.

i dont think its loosing boost to be fair but rollin road on saturday will soon find out!

R Power

R Power
May 19, 2008
Coventry
I didn\'t know stage to map could take you to 300bhp mark?
I\'ve heard in the past that if the dump is too loud then its a boost leak. I\'ve never really been too sure as to me it all seems like a grey area to me!
Would be nice to hear if any guys with a stage one remap have uprated the spring?
I think that would clarify a few things.

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
hmmm. ok im sure you probably know more than me bit what i do know is a mate of mine has focus rs and was told he'd never achieve 300 on a standard turbo and now has graph showin 332 with pretty much everythin else done bar new turbo.

different engine i know but big difference.

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
there is a difference between reaching 300 and safely reaching with out causing damage to engine though.
Its a case of tried and tested on here with everyone pretty much reaching the same levels give or take a few bhp

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
300 bhp? lol not with a stage 1 2 or 99. especially not a revo stage 1 or 2 i have tryed both and they are terrible compared to the map i had custom made i could never go with a revo now on my car after trying them i was very disapointed. i think you would see max realistically 270 very lucky though

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
ha well it seems ive been well and truly told. spose its only a number anyway. car is quick as it is!

may need to start a new thread here but to get more power after the following then a new turbo and fmic is needed then or anything else to add to the list first?

k+n
007dv
dp + decat
cat back
Forge TIP
Live Map

What could i expect from all this, 270bhp?

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
i got 272bhp on rollers in december post mapping (210 pre mapping on a 225) with same mods as above except standard exhaust.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.