how much is your average full tank of diesel worth?

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
It's just i'm trying to weigh up the pros & cons between details with deals struck on a new FR at the stealers!

cheers guys

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Bit of maths ;)

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/fuel/index.html

Diesel @ £1.137 x 55 litres = £62.54
Petrol @ £1.118 x 55 litres = £61.49

If you want a soot chucker with possible DPF issues, buy a diesel FR. If you want the same car that does not sound like a Massey Ferguson and uses more fuel while creating less smoke, buy the Petrol FR.

If you want to go faster than both, buy a Cupra ;)

Last edited:

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Bit of maths ;)

If you want a soot chucker with possible DPF issues, buy a diesel FR. If you want the same car that does not sound like a Massey Ferguson and uses more fuel while creating less smoke, buy the Petrol FR.

I want the best of both worlds without it costing the earth to run so I'm going for the CR FL FR which doesnt have the DPF issues! ;)

cheers matey

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
55 litres ??? really - i thought it was 60? - i regularly put in 57 litres without the needle being at the bottom :confused:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Bit of maths ;)

If you want a soot chucker with more torque than a battleship, buy a diesel FR. If you want the same car that does not sound as roarty and uses even more fuel whilst the fuel pump works and cost more to tax but creating less smoke but more expensive RFL, buy the Petrol FR.

If you want to go faster either chip it or buy a BMW 123d ;)

:cartman: :cartman: :cartman:

predo

Dec 26, 2005
Edinburgh
Let the heart decide and go for what you feel is better for you.

I had dervs before and now even with higher running cost i'd still have my turbo petrol! Either fr dsg or cupra if you dont mind manual!

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
We were in a similar situation the Cupra was the top choice no doubt and some ways wish we had ordered it ideal would of been VAG having their twin turbo derv lump out and fitted in the Cupra :D

But taking everything into account the FR TDi worked out the best on cost grounds. With the FR TSi being £150 more and depreciating faster the FR TDi is a no brainer out of the two. Yes the TSi is faster off the mark but in gear there is nothing in it.

Cupra is the faster car no doubt but it will be my wife who mainly drives it and found the performance of the FR TDi adequate for her Cupra was also £1500 more even though our budget was up to 25K. Styling is very similar between FR/Cupra although love the black insert with Cupra on the front and the extra vent holes on the front!!

Case of taking a testdrive doing all the sums and see which fits into your lifestyle/budget best. A nearly new Cupra or FR TSi may work out a good propersition as both intially loose more than the FR TDi.

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
I want the best of both worlds without it costing the earth to run so I'm going for the CR FL FR which doesnt have the DPF issues! ;)

cheers matey
I thought they had also fitted the dam DPF to the CR FR as well, Its fitted to the new Ibiza FR CR 143HP.
I will have to check Seats small print. .....................................!!

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I thought they had also fitted the dam DPF to the CR FR as well, Its fitted to the new Ibiza FR CR 143HP.
I will have to check Seats small print. .....................................!!

The CR does have the DPF but with the new common rail 1800 bar Piezo injection the engine burns cleaner and produces less soot and the knock on effect is the DPF is not working so hard or as likely to get sooted up. Very few issues reported with the CR DPF so far.

rich146

Sep 27, 2009
Berkshire
www.reverbnation.com
Bit of maths ;)

Im not sure what the point of JUST comparing pence per litre comes into it? What about economy? Work out the economy and then draught up the cost per tank in comparison!

FR_Flavoured

Bit of maths ;)

Spot on djhorace, I put in around £62 to fill up my Diesel FR.
Also spot on about the Cupra to go faster than both... unfortunately I played it safe, and went somewhere inbetween. :D

Cheers.

ps: This is my first post on this Forum, happy to be on board. :)

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
The CR does have the DPF but with the new common rail 1800 bar Piezo injection the engine burns cleaner and produces less soot and the knock on effect is the DPF is not working so hard or as likely to get sooted up. Very few issues reported with the CR DPF so far.
Cheers, thanks for clearing that up. I understand for Seat UK they will not be doing a DSG FR TDI in the Ibiza [ think it because the engine /trans is too heavy hence the battery in the boot etc.] which is a pity because I'm thinking of changing my Leon for a Ibiza FR but will need a semi auto due to my wife's recent illness, suppose I could go for the Leon FR DSG ???

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.