Iain's MK4 Ibiza FR TDi

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
After nearly 5 years on the forum and having had 2 SEATs, I thought it was time I had a thread. Not done too much to the car so far in the 3 years I've had it, apart from minor cosmetic things.

I did have a 2.0 Sport Ibiza from July 2004 to June 2006, but it was costing me a fortune in fuel as I drive to most of the BTCC events in the UK every year, along with other trips down South to do other things. One night me and a mate went a drive and happened to go past W.Livingstone Ltd where they had this pre-reg 06 plate pre-facelifted FR TDi parked out front....
1atwlivingstone.jpg

Immediately said I wanted it and went up the next day with my old man and eventually thrashed out a deal, losing a fair chunk of money on the 2.0 Sport, but I was glad to get rid of it and get something more economical and quicker!

This was when I got it home:
2firstday.jpg

Within the first week I'd done 600 miles, going to the Borders and the East coast, the West coast and Perthshire, as well as washing it twice, very proud of my shiny red car. :D

Next month was it's first trip to a BTCC event at Croft, where I had a week at work and a return journey to there and back on almost a full tank! Unheard of in the petrol car.
3firstbtccmeet.jpg

Didn't really do much with the car for the first year, just plenty of driving, with 20,000 miles covered after a year from doing the BTCC and just out seeing the sights in Scotland.
4dukespass.jpg

September 07 saw my first SCN meet and that's where ideas got put into my head!
4firstscnmeet.jpg

5firstscnmeet.jpg

After the usual filthy winter....
6secondwinter.jpg

The first external mod was fitting a Polo rear wiper
7firstrealmod.jpg

After some trimming of the cap and also the arm, it eventually fitted and was a big improvement on the useless original item, which was also not very good to look at.

Spring of 2008 and disaster struck on one of my trips. Only 15 minutes from my destination, I heard a crack. This appeared on the windscreen by the next morning when I had a chance to look at it in the daylight.
DSC00109.jpg

So £70 windscreen excess paid and it was replaced within 5 days.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Other SCN meets happened such as the Rolling Road day in Fife
8starrrday.jpg

And others at Xscape
10bigscnmeet.jpg

Interior mods include this Cupra 6 speed gearknob and chrome surround, as well as the Cupra handbrake grip
10cupragearknob.jpg

No real point to this photo, just thought it looked good, as I drove home from a trip away. :D
11scottishborder.jpg

The most recent things I've done have been to debadge the rear of the SEAT and IBIZA badges, then add the big IBIZA badge and another FR logo for the rear. Not to everyone's taste probably, but I don't know if I've seen a combination like it yet. The next 3 photos taken after a good wash, liquid clay and polish. The rain was just running off it today!
12redbadged.jpg

13rebadged2.jpg

Also added SEAT UK number plate surrounds, which I will have mounted behind new plates eventually, as the current ones have some water damage at the back of them.
14mostrecent.jpg

Nearly on 60,000 miles and going as well as ever. Next up could well be a new head unit or at least an ipod connection and also looking into an Awesome custom remap. :)

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Fitted a green cotton panel filter a few weeks back.

Got the alloys powdercoated today, in anthracite with a sparkle effect. :)

9023_147199272418_636647418_3989096_7715429_n.jpg

9023_147199277418_636647418_3989097_3969182_n.jpg

9023_147199287418_636647418_3989098_8349124_n.jpg

BAGZ

Oct 8, 2009
bathgate west lothian
hay thanx for say'n hi, like your car will keep eye for it, havent seen any ibiza fr's around whats the spec on that? iv got the leon cupra like your 2.0 mine greedy on the fuel especially when my right foot has a habbit of going to the floor!! are you doing any mods to your car?

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
It's the 130bhp TDi engine, although it did say it had 148 on the rollers at Star in Fife last year! Not sure how accurate that is though. I am thinking of remapping it, but it's an expensive few months for me right now, with insurance and tax due, plus I had the wheels refurbed as they seriously needed done.

Not seen many of them round this way either. In a way I quite like it. :)

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
un oh....stezo2k...you have 666 posts! need to post to get rid of that number LOL

car looks really good, wish i had gone for red

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Cheers. It's amazing how pictures can flatter a car a bit, you wouldn't want to see it now, absolutely filthy. Struggling to keep it clean because they're rebuilding the Edinburgh-Glasgow railway line here and there are convoys of trucks all day long making the roads a mess. :blink:

BAGZ

Oct 8, 2009
bathgate west lothian
Cheers. It's amazing how pictures can flatter a car a bit, you wouldn't want to see it now, absolutely filthy. Struggling to keep it clean because they're rebuilding the Edinburgh-Glasgow railway line here and there are convoys of trucks all day long making the roads a mess. :blink:

i no what you mean they have got lights up aswell i get stuck in them every day never mind try'n to keep the car clean!:cry: i like what you have dun to your alloys do you mind if i ask how much it cost? iv got a couple of bad kirbs in my wheels need to get them fixed!:)

Last edited:

Deleted member 13581

Wheels look good mate.

Nice to see your still enjoying it.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
i no what you mean they have got lights up aswell i get stuck in them every day never mind try'n to keep the car clean!:cry: i like what you have dun to your alloys do you mind if i ask how much it cost? iv got a couple of bad kirbs in my wheels need to get them fixed!:)

£230 from RM Coatings in Livingston. It was the same price for whatever finish you wanted. Maybe it varies with wheel size though.

Thanks for the comments guys. :)

Mar 13, 2008
Suffolk
Like the colour and effect on the wheels, There not to dark nor to light. Any chance of some better pics of them with the whole car?. Mines a silver MK4 Ibiza and just want abit of contrast.

Luke

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Like the colour and effect on the wheels, There not to dark nor to light. Any chance of some better pics of them with the whole car?. Mines a silver MK4 Ibiza and just want abit of contrast.

Luke

I will try. I just can't get a dry day with a clean car to do anything like that. Off down South this week, so might get some decent weather to do that.

I got a picture of that exact same sign too when I went into Scotland! :D

It's a nice spot at Carter Bar on the A68, especially as the sun was just setting like that.

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
love the car man. where'd you get the polo rear wiper from?? been meaning to get one of them. id suggest you go for a shorter aerial but if you prefer the way it is just tell me to shut up haha!!:D

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Cheers. :) I got it from vagparts.com, but they went into administration earlier in the year. I suppose you could get it from your nearest VW garage.