Jul 15, 2008
Grimsby
just make sure that they are only just above the norm

and yes cornering does feel better on the springs imo

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
Yeh i will, thanks :)

Did you get your wheel alignment done after fitting the springs?

Car goes into garage on wed to get a CV Boot replaced, and possibly discs and pads all around. Once i know how much that has all come to I think i'll order some 20mm spacers, and then get a re-map done...

craigTDI

looks well on them springs mate where you get them from and how much has it lowered it by???? thanks.....

antnee

Are you from sheffield? why not go to RS Tuning in Leeds for a re-map, closer and better ;)

Also look in the northern meets section for the big south yorkshire meet in september

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
I'm actually in North Nottingham at the moment, although most of my time is spent in Sheff.

I'll have a look into RS tuning, so thanks for that! Will also be good to get to a few meets in the future.

Lowered it by 45mm which i think on 16" wheels is about right. Low enough to be cool and catch on things, but not too low that it is undriveable on anything but the smoothest of smooth roads. They cost me £82, there is a link on page 1 as to where i got them from, can't remember the name of the company now...

antnee

OOoo where abouts in Notts?

If your around next wednesday theres a meet at pride park in derby, few of us from Notts drive down together

antnee

We meet on the A52, the layby just after Bramcote island, at about 7.45, to get to pride park for 8

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
some really good shots...and car looks really nice!

have you had any problems with just lowering on springs? Were you tempted with a new shocks and springs set?

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
haha! Cheers tom... In terms of new shocks as well i just wasn't sure if i would like it low etc... So just got springs. However... I love it low, so think what i'll do is run till standard shocks go. Then get some better ones. Hopefully that wont be for ages though. Actually seems to ride well, although i am basing it against the standard suspension which isn't that good lol. Who cares anyway, looks loads better lol

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
yeah hahaha, is your car a daily driver?

i would love to put lower springs on my car, but really worried that it may riun the shocks quite quickly and i still have 15 months warrenty!...must say the drop you got looks brilliant....i have a few mods that im doing at the moment but this is something im gonna consider...

lucky you have a mechanic mate who can do the labour!

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
ahhh...bad influence...got boost gauge coming tomorrow and alloy refurb....then ill consider it, just need someone to fit them for me, as dont wanna pay someone to fit them...thats when it starts to cost more and you might as well go for a spring and shock kit

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
I will say this mate. If you have any mechanical knowledge then you should be able to fit them yourself. I don't... Give me push bike and i'm fine, a car... No idea. Try and borrow some spring compressors as these were essential! Good luck, and get them bought

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.