Ibiza 130 TDi Sport - 11th August - Splitter + Yellow Film

BKR

TorqueDefinesIntelligence
Jul 15, 2008
Grimsby
just to let you know iv been running these springs on standard shocks for about 13months now and still no problems

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
Right...Just got back from P-Torque, well. First of all great service by Will, very quick, knows what he is doing, even got a can of Tango

Now the map.

Standard power = 136bhp and 231lb/ft of Torque

Stage one map = 172.5bhp and 298lb/ft of Torque.

Now as people have said the power delivery is brilliant! Pulls so so much, and just keeps pulling. I couldn't stop smiling on way home!

Also as i'm sure you can image there was some heavy right foot action, yet still returned 52.3mpg from Birmingham to Nottingham...

Be interesting to see how good it can be when i'm careful.

Needless to say, i'm very happy!

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
Ok. Think I need better brakes lol...

Friend suggested some Mintex 1144 pads. Would like to go down the TT brake upgrade, but quite alot of money. So any other pad suggestions which would provide better stopping power?

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
Little update, although nothing worthy of any pictures.

I now have a brand new fully working flip key :D (which i think will be broken soon as i can't stop "flipping" it)

Also after not washing the car for a month :rolleyes: I washed it last night and forgot how clean it looks.

Still after a month with a map i'm loving it :D although as a direct result i will soon be needing new tyres and brake pads... :whistle:

No other plans for it yet...

BKR

TorqueDefinesIntelligence
Jul 15, 2008
Grimsby
glad to hear your enjoying the map dude

cant belive you didnt clean it for a month sacrilege

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
Right...Just got back from P-Torque, well. First of all great service by Will, very quick, knows what he is doing, even got a can of Tango

Now the map.

Standard power = 136bhp and 231lb/ft of Torque

Stage one map = 172.5bhp and 298lb/ft of Torque.

Now as people have said the power delivery is brilliant! Pulls so so much, and just keeps pulling. I couldn't stop smiling on way home!

Also as i'm sure you can image there was some heavy right foot action, yet still returned 52.3mpg from Birmingham to Nottingham...

Be interesting to see how good it can be when i'm careful.

Needless to say, i'm very happy!

did p torque map it on a dyno?

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
I know...bad eh? Was parked up in Birmingham for a month through, and parked up at work for 3 days last week... still poor excuse i know

Yeh John they did. Got the print out somewhere... i'll scan it in when i get to work tomorrow if i can find it...

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
Ok. Well have not updated for a while, recently I have added:
- some nice LED sidelights
- Philips H& extreme dipped bulbs
- Rubber Floor Mats
- Lots of dirt and salt as well, which is clearly shown below...

18122009810.jpg

Clutch did start to slip a month or so ago, however it has now managed to fit its' self, so i'm just drive carfully now :whistle:

Also stuck some new P-zero tyres on teh front, which are brilliant, and now provide me with a silly amount of grip, even on teh roads at present.

One question I do have, people seem to be talking about winter tyres... DO people really changed when winter arrives?

Plan on giving it a massive clean on sunday afternoon, and doing a little shoot weather depending, so most likely that photos will follow then.

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
Just another little update. Spent today cleaning the car, been in bed with flu for a couple of days, so I thought I should get up now!

092.jpg

089-11.jpg

Managed to get a picture of my sidelights as well, which I do like, however the photo was taken on a phone...
19869_1315048874222_1170703838_3097.jpg

Just ordered a HID4U kit, so hopefully should get that sorted, and on soon.

lee_fr

Jul 25, 2009
Leeds
im experiencing deja-vu looking through this thread, ive got a TDi sport too and managed to get hold of some 45mm lowering springs and eibach shocks (front) for christmas, were they a pain in the arse to fit?

was going to do it on sunday but i bottled it cos of the snow!! im happy now ive seen the ride height on the springs because i had no idea how mine was going to look...

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
Phil - Sidelights are some ebay £3.99 jobbies. they are white and have 4 little LEDs in each. I'll find the link for you.

Lee - I'm not going to lie. It took the best part of a day (from 9 till about 4) with my mates, and his dad on teh case. This was mainly due to the fact that everything was seized in place... Be aware you also need a special 18mm tool thing to undo a bolt (this is the worst description I know, however when I get home i'll get a photo for you) This allen key type thing cost me £18 lol. However it was teh front that was teh pain. Both sides on teh back were done is 30 mins or so. If you are putting new shocks on then you shoudl be ok.

Just out of interest how much did you pay for the shocks?

I will also advise you that your tyres will probably wear unevenly, with the inside wearing quick! I got my wheels alligned which helped a little, i am also going to soon get teh Cupra bushes put in, which again should hopefully sort the issue here.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise