Ibiza 2004 stereo upgrade options

Oct 26, 2022
Hi,

Looking for some advice for my son to upgrade the stereo in his 2004 Ibiza.
He'd like a touchscreen unit that he can connect his phone to for Waze, CarPlay etc.
Looks like the options are buy a cheap Chinese wireless unit and attach to the dash, powered though the cigarette lighter and use the speakers via aux cable or fm transmitter.
Or possibly buy a unit to replace the existing stereo in situ?

Can anyone recommend the best solution?
Has anyone done either / both of these?
Is it even possible to replace the stereo with a 2 din unit? If so, is this a (simple) DIY job or does it need to be fitted professionally, how much is it likely to cost?
Any help / advice much appreciated!

Thanks.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Can you rip the old stereo out and replace it with a 2-din version no problem. There are Fascia adaptors and out there to get the fit looking good.

You can go for a Chinese unit, or for a branded name stereo.

Oct 26, 2022
Can you rip the old stereo out and replace it with a 2-din version no problem. There are Fascia adaptors and out there to get the fit looking good.

You can go for a Chinese unit, or for a branded name stereo.
Thanks, appreciate the response. I think that would be the ideal solution.

I've had a quick search and found this https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/sea...reo-fascia-fitting-kit-wiring-iso-aerial.html
They do say that Chinese units may not fit as they are not standard size. Would ideally want to get one of these though as my son can't afford the branded ones.

Have you (or anyone else out there) managed to successfully install one? Would be good to know if they come with all the right connectors etc and if they fit ok.

Thanks.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
They have standard ISO connection for power/speakers, the adaptor in that kit will work.
They won't come with the proper adaptors for steering wheel controls.

Also the compatibility with Apple car play might not be brilliant.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.