ibiza cupra 160pd

lowibiza

hi all, just brought a ibiza cupra 160pd and is wondering wats better an induction kit or panel filter, is so wat brand

j3fev

Hi, ive just bought one too, ive heard the panel filters are best, seen a post on here i think,gunna have to get one myself :happy:

lowibiza

ive looked on the green panel website but all it come up wit is for the 130pd. I take it that the 130pd fits the 160pd air box.

gus

Jun 27, 2006
yeah there the same i believe ive fitted one to my pd 130 think alot of people have adopted that instead of going for the open induction kit, personal preference i guess. a mate of mine has the viper one on his 160pd and it sound amazing inside, but when u stand outside it sound much louder than standard.

chris4500uk

Nov 25, 2008
Near Middlesbrough
PD130 and PD160 have the same airbox, however the PD160 has an increased size intake pipe, which is a commom mod for the PD130. Both filters are the same.

Panel filters are a very popular choice

robepton

Practical performance!!!!
Dec 27, 2008
peterborough
I've got a pipercross panel filter and although it sounds a lot better i wish I had spent a bit more money and got a bmc cda. Your 40 quid for the filter. The pd160 intake pipes are selling for 75 quid on ebay and that could make you 115 closer to an induction kit which is about 165 from venom motorsports i think.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
I've got a pipercross panel filter and although it sounds a lot better i wish I had spent a bit more money and got a bmc cda. Your 40 quid for the filter. The pd160 intake pipes are selling for 75 quid on ebay and that could make you 115 closer to an induction kit which is about 165 from venom motorsports i think.

Except the OP doesn't need the intake pipe as he already has a PD160

robepton

Dec 27, 2008
peterborough
^^^^^^^ I know but I was suggesting that you could flog it on.

A bargain for somebody else and a few quid in ya own pocket.

robepton

Dec 27, 2008
peterborough
im from huntingdon before been here for about 4 years now

Well send us a pm if ya thinking about going to a meet and I'll tag along with ya. I want to go to the SCN national meet in july but it's hardwork trying to convince the other half that camping is a good idea.

Apologies for going off topic.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.