Ibiza Mk4 Custom Gas Bonnet Lifters/Struts - Finally Finished!

Guffers

Resident Engineer
Apr 18, 2007
I've got something in the pipeline for all you non-technical fowlk who want some of these.......

mavras

I had my brackets made and i ordered a pair of struts from ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220616870327&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
HOPEFULLY, the lifters will be ok lengthwise and strengthwise...I'm crossing my fingers!

thanx for all the info in this topic, people!
the struts got delivered and the first attempt to install them was an epic fail! :blink:
they are about 5-6cm short so i am probably going for the ones from the strutsdirect.

lets see how the second attempts will go!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Yeah, I didn't want to waste time with trying to find a supplier of cheaper struts, I'd have ended up buying 2 or 3 sets and costing MORE than what I did with these. Was hoping that with the specs I've given for the ones I have, someone else could find something identical (or very similar) for cheaper for everyone else to use.

Hope you get it sorted though - love mine (still) - had a few more comments from people about how they thought it was completely standard :) hehe

mavras

Yeah, I didn't want to waste time with trying to find a supplier of cheaper struts, I'd have ended up buying 2 or 3 sets and costing MORE than what I did with these. Was hoping that with the specs I've given for the ones I have, someone else could find something identical (or very similar) for cheaper for everyone else to use.

Hope you get it sorted though - love mine (still) - had a few more comments from people about how they thought it was completely standard :) hehe
you are absolutely right, but the thing with strutsdirect is that they charge about €60 to ship to Greece...
Now I am having them delivered to a friend in UK and she will bring them with her in a couple of weeks.
we'll see how that goes ;)

Sonic1506

Jun 12, 2010
is the design of the N/S bracket any different ? do strutsdirect also sell full polished/chrome struts ?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Both brackets, as far as I can remember, are identical, bar the N/S bracket having a hole tapped in for the washer fluid tube clip that runs across it.

Not sure on the 2nd question - have a look on their website - everything they sell will be on there.

Guffers

Resident Engineer
Apr 18, 2007
Got brackets being made up by a local engineering company just now, tried makingb sets myself, not good!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.