Ibiza mk5 fuel tank and filling speed??

Feb 8, 2011
Sounds like the filler cutout is operating too soon if you can't get more fuel in. Are you sure that the nozzle is going straight down the filler neck? I find I need to tilt it slightly, backwards IIRC.

loonymoon

I did 375 miles on the last tankful with an average of 44.6mpg which was better than it has done.. I think I did vent slightly when I filled it as it's quite easy to accidentally hit the vent switch though I didn't purposely vent all the extra space.

This tank I didn't vent at all, but only got 39 litres in. So far it's averaging just over 40mpg (commuting) so it seems to have got better for the same type of driving conditions over the last 2-3 tanks. I wonder if that's because it's approaching 7000 miles now. I was only getting 280 miles to the tank before but the prediction so far on this tank is about 350 miles.

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Sounds like the filler cutout is operating too soon if you can't get more fuel in. Are you sure that the nozzle is going straight down the filler neck? I find I need to tilt it slightly, backwards IIRC.

+1, the bottom of the pump handle needs to be at about the 8o'clock position on mine else I struggle to get any more than a a few drops in at a time/have to let it trickle in stupidly slowly.
It was most annoying when the first time I had to refuel it was before setting off on holiday, with gf's family waiting for me to stop dicking about with it!:cartman:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise