idles at 2k revs

fisal

Hi all

ive got a cupra r 225 54 reg with 85k on clock, ive recently changed the oil, so here it goes,

when i start my car it revs at 2k, i put it in 1st the it idles just below 1 (normal)

but when i start driving the car stil revs at 2k no less, no matter what gear im in, but once i start driving the problem goes away, but then come back randomly, this hasnt caused me much problems, just the makes the car shake when i change gear thats all.

any help

thanks

Aug 21, 2008
Skipton, N Yorkshire
I had the same symptoms after my water pump went. I have an LCR and it was the Temp Sensor (not the one in the expansion tank), a small green one, can remeber exactly what it was called, but is down on the right side of the engine. It was causeing the ECU to mess the mixture up, i presume because it was getting an incorrect Temp figure. May be some others on here could give a better description.

Cheers

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
Cheers, i'll get one of those ordered now. Mine has flagged up a fault twice now and over the past few days has started the 2k idle thing. I could do without worse fuel economy right now :-D

£8.50 delivered through one of those links. Makes the parts suppliers prices seems like daylight robbery! EuroCarParts want £21.68 plus delivery and unless they are using pattern parts they have made up their own part number as it doesn't match the real one needed.

Last edited:

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
i wouldnt buy off ebay even if they say they are genuine and look genuine i had a maf about half price off ebay in a bosch box and it was terrible so now i only ever buy engine specific parts OEM

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
There is nothing wrong with them, they are pattern parts just like a motor factors would sell.
Mine as been in for ages and still works A1

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
I'm using a febi one off Ebay to with no problems.....febi is a good make I've never had any poblems with any of their parts.

The only ones I could find anywhere are made by febi, so can't see the point in getting anything other than the cheapest. Dealers and Eurocarparts wanted £22+. Ebay was £8.50 delivered.

Surprisingly mine was already waiting for me once I got to my parents so I fitted it today. Problem solved, idles properly and the temp gets to proper running temp.

Was a much quicker job than I expected too. Longest time was spent trying to get those STUPID engine cover clips to grip properly!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.