inlet mani and charge pipe removal

deedaskrh

Mar 20, 2009
St Helens
hi,

ive decided i want to get my mani and charge pipe powder coated!

however i have no idea whats involved in the removal of said items, does anybody know what il need to remove them ie new gaskets? is it difficult? should i get a professional to do it? and any other advice would be greatly apperciated

cheers all

ps before anyone has a go at me for not using search, i did and after an hour of looking i gave up and thought id ask the FORUM instead ;-)

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Removing the charge pipe is a doddle, just two bolts and two hose clamps and it's off.

The inlet mani I think would be quite alot of work.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
not sure the manny is hard to remove... undo intercooler pipe, take fuel rail off.... undo hex bolts into the block, undo manny bolts.

put socks into the block or summats to stop you dropping stuff in there.

just fiddly job really.

new gaskets aswell though.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
You'll still need to take them off to polish them or it will be a bit of a bodge job IMO.

'goes and awaits to be shouted at by people who have done it'

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Inlet is easy it will take about 15-25 mins and you dont need to unplug the TB just label the hoses so you know where to plug them back into, new gasket would be needed just few quid from the steelers or motor shop, thinking about it i have a spare inlet in the garage it is painted Matt black at the mo, Pm me if you are iterested.
Basically you undo the intercooler pipe, remove TB and front trim and brackett unplug all pipe work and wiring (except TB) undo all the bolts going into the head and remove, all the bolts are hex and all the same size.

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
not sure the manny is hard to remove... undo intercooler pipe, take fuel rail off.... undo hex bolts into the block, undo manny bolts.

put socks into the block or summats to stop you dropping stuff in there.

just fiddly job really.

new gaskets aswell though.

Fuel rail off :S not sure about that matey. Unplug all the injectors and move them out the way, remove the cover infront of the dipstick, remove the breather on the left hand side and the boost hose from the intercooler - throttle bodie. 5mm allen key on long extension undo all the bolts carfully, then undo the support bracket, move the manifold so you can see under it better and unplug the sensors, tb and remove the rest of the hoses and tis off.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.