Interior central locking, rear demister and horn not working in 2017 Ibiza FR

May 16, 2023
2 weeks ago both the demister and interior locking buttons both on the same console by the cup holders stopped working. Checked every fuse and they’re all good. Today my horn has now stopped working. Has anyone experienced problems like this before.

Attachments

• IMG_5412.jpeg
    IMG_5412.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 74

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
the two things may be connected as there an airbag light in that module and the horn is in the airbag module.

that part costs about 40€ at the dealer last time I checked. Probably more now with inflation, etc...

if you do the job yourself make sure to disconnect the negative battery terminal before removing it otherwise you will get a permanent airbag light in the dash and will need a diagnostic tool to clear it....

Reactions: andyalonggg98
May 16, 2023
the two things may be connected as there an airbag light in that module and the horn is in the airbag module.

that part costs about 40€ at the dealer last time I checked. Probably more now with inflation, etc...

if you do the job yourself make sure to disconnect the negative battery terminal before removing it otherwise you will get a permanent airbag light in the dash and will need a diagnostic tool to clear it....
Thank you for the reply, I think I am going to bring it to an auto electrician just to be on the safe side. Noticed that on the passenger side door that one of the wiring covers connecting the wires to the doors was loose and when i looked at the wires there was insulating tape around them so if it doesn’t come from the factory with tape around the wires it’s giving me an idea that someone had been tinkering with the wires in the past

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.