Intermittent Key Problems

abstract

Hi All,

I have a Leon Cupra R 1.8T 2005.

Couple of weeks ago, my original remote key stops working, I only have one at this point. I have tried absolutely every re-syncing procedure, including the adaptation in VCDS and the procedure in the owners handbook. Nothing works. (The key can still unlock the car manually, with the alarm going off (If i don't put the key in the ignition within 10s)).

After doing a full scan on the CCM, It tells me that there is 2x implausible signal errors within the drivers door module, and the near side rear module. I order 2 brand new door lock modules and replace both, in each door.

I try to re-adapt the key now these faults have been cleared, still no luck.

I've now purchased 2x brand new keys, with the ID48 transponder chip and the remote transceiver. I've had the keys cut, and coded to the immobilizer. (I have software that pulls back the SKC from the cluster so I didn't need to go to the stealership) Both these keys start the car and can open the doors manually.

So I've gone into VCDS and attempted to adapt these to the CCM. I've first gone into measuring blocks and checked channels 014 and 015. Both of these keys come up under 'Permanent Code Known' and show 'Not OK' which is great, the CCM is detecting the remotes, however only one of them shows 'OK' in the Algorithm field. This means that only one of the keys is working, the other is a dud. So I try and adapt the working key, I clear out the old remotes by reading, and saving channel 000, then Test, Save channel 001, with 1 key in the count field.

I press and hold the unlock button on the new key, the car makes a loud 'Beep' sound, and pairs to the CCM. I close the VCDS controller, turn my ignition off and take out the key.

Result!!! The key works. It unlocks and locks the doors, however on locking, no indicators flash which is a bit weird. Anyway took my keys inside for the night, and I've come to my car this morning - The remote is not working again. Yes, I could probably try re-adapting the key again, but surely there's a bigger underlying problem?

Any suggestions anyone? There are no present faults in the CCM showing up on VCDS. Perhaps I need a new CCM? I'm not sure.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
don't know about the key issue unless your key battery is failing or not holding info in key so resetting too default only a guess as I've not done a key sync wont mind a spare key though, but the no indicators flash on lock can tell you one of your door locks has failed or a problem with them.

Reactions: abstract

abstract

Yeah I think there's still an issue with one of the door locks and that's why the indicators aren't flashing.

The key has been really weird though. I still haven't re adapted it and it works every now and then, sometimes I need to spam the unlock button to work and eventually it does.

The Red LED on the remote is really bright and lights up every time I click either buttons.

The remote is brand new though and I've tried two brand new batteries in it. The same happens. Sometimes it unlocks sometimes it doesn't.

Faulty CCM? Bad Aerial?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

abstract

So I've managed to sort the door lock issue and the indicators flashing, the N/S rear module pins on the connector were slightly dirty - I've cleaned them and now there are no fault codes whatsoever.

All the doors unlock & lock perfectly fine either manually with the key blade or through the inside lock/unlock switches.

The key remote itself is still intermittent. 99% of the time it doesn't work then the odd chance it does. (I would have spammed the unlock button about 25 times by now) i have tried 4 separate keys with brand new batteries in all of them. It still has the same problem.

All I can assume is the CCM is faulty or the aerial distance is really weak. Should I try these next? At the moment I'm just throwing money at it and nothing is solving the issue, I'm at my witts end trying to diagnose the problem.

Hopefully someone out there has had this happen before and can point me in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
That’s odd I’ve had issues with all 4 of the doors locks but never have had any fault codes ect , I’ve done the pressing the remote button allot and that does throw out everything I had too use the valet key too re-sync the key

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.