is he telling me porkies?

zaf312

went to the dealer today to get a leon badge and a tweeter,whist there i thought i`d ask about the driver door seal:blink: ,i asked the dealer how can i fix this?,i told him when its been raining i open my door and water spills out from the sill........his reply..."it`s the membranes,just cut a couple of holes at the bottom of the seal and that should let the water run out and not on the sill:-o .hmmm is he telling me porkies or will that work,i don`t get any water in the car(touches wood);)

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
i'm getting water pooling at the drivers door sill too. so interested to hear what folks have to say. Interestingly this only started after they rectified the problem of water building up at the top of the door seal.

zaf312

it was 15 quid + vat bout 17 quid all in,they had to order it,ill get it weds

went to the dealer today to get a leon badge and a tweeter,whist there i thought i`d ask about the driver door seal:blink: ,i asked the dealer how can i fix this?,i told him when its been raining i open my door and water spills out from the sill........his reply..."it`s the membranes,just cut a couple of holes at the bottom of the seal and that should let the water run out and not on the sill:-o .hmmm is he telling me porkies or will that work,i don`t get any water in the car(touches wood);)

pretty sure my last leon had holes in the seals like this (from new)....not checked the current one!!!

Balf2k

Jul 5, 2006
South East Kent
I had the same problem, pulled the seal off the bottom of the door and a load of water instantly dumped from inside the door panel, The seal did have 2 or 3 drain holes in it but they were clogged with loads of mud, I cleaned both front door seals up and they don't leak anymore :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members