Is this brake kit compatible?

RainyDay

May 9, 2022
Hi guys. I found a big brake kits that is supposedly compatible with the KJ/6F 1.5 TSI. I was wondering if anyone has this installed? Would it fit?

I'm a bit hesitant because my local tuning garage said the caliper is part of the strut assembly and the whole thing needs to be replaced if I want a big brake kit, couldn't make much sense of what they meant. Anyone have any idea?

I worry the title is a typo and perhaps they meant Ibiza 6J?

The guys at Forge Motorsport said it should fit but then also said my car uses the hub layout from the MK4 golf which raised a bit of a red flag regarding the compatibility of this item.

Thanks

RainyDay

May 9, 2022
Thats big money have a look at PB brakes
Thanks mate 🙏. Have you installed these? Do they fit without having to swap out hub/strut assembly? Are spacers needed or anything in addition to the kit itself? I've got KW coilovers, any chance that these won't fit with aftermarket suspension?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I haven't installed them however i have browsed and considered them.

The suspension will be fine as the strut is the same diameter coilovers vs stock. The issue will be rim diameter / rim design. 4/6 pot calipers are quite wide so they may hit the alloy spokes. Generally a spacer is sometimes required / an aftermarket alloy used with a different spoke design that will clear the wider caliper

RainyDay

May 9, 2022
I haven't installed them however i have browsed and considered them.

The suspension will be fine as the strut is the same diameter coilovers vs stock. The issue will be rim diameter / rim design. 4/6 pot calipers are quite wide so they may hit the alloy spokes. Generally a spacer is sometimes required / an aftermarket alloy used with a different spoke design that will clear the wider caliper
Thanks for explaining. I guess I could use spacers anyways since my wheels look tucked in after lowering. Just hoping they won't rub the arch if I hit bumps while turning. I'm only 3.5cm lowered. Any idea if spacers can cause issues?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members