Israar's Leon 1.9 TDI SE 110 RR Grey (Slow WIP)

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Definitely got a productive weekend planned mate, what did you do with the brakes specifically? New pads or pads and discs or more?

How much did the windscreen set you back?

--Lee

ibizaboi

Feb 18, 2009
Sudbury
New pads and discs although I still have got to do the backs. Looking forward to you doing the oil filter as mine needs it doing

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
I will be doing my brakes at some point too, with discs and all. They are a little noisy on slow breaking so far though the breaks are really good, especially for sharp breaking too!

Just got myself an oil drain pan and funnel so will be doing the pollen filter reseal in a few then on to the oil filter and oil change! I'll try to get a few pictures on the go also.

Got the entire day off now for a long weekend as you know and I'm still wide awake from last nights shift, buzzing to say the least haha been itching to get this done for a while now Tom! :)

Catch you in a bit pal! :D

--Lee

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Time for some mass picture updates haha! =D

Oil changed and pollen filter resealed, unfortunately will have to attempt the oil filter tomorrow due to not being able to undo the current oil filter cap as whomever did the last oil filter change seriously overtightened the life out of it! :handbags:

I wouldn't mind, Muttley told me that it was 25Nm from the manual but even on the cap it STATES 25Nm with an arrow to assist! :blink:

Anyway, on to the pictures of pleasure ;)

Start to finish with Pollen Filter resealing, I kind went mega thick with the sealer since the nozzle decided to go hard :rofl:

Ztx14ci.jpg

RwoDrDv.jpg

KMQHfJW.jpg

This foam was absolutely soaked! :blink:

RbMImG8.jpg

As you can see here, these had been soaked too :(

ZzY86x6.jpg

The soak wires go down this, not sure exactly what they are for though!

xSOzrsG.jpg

g8YHwcb.jpg

Can't you see how ancient that sealer is haha! :rofl:

52nMNSP.jpg

8fSqIn1.jpg

KKwwIE4.jpg

mYbg5YD.jpg

HYyEsHy.jpg

TTA3NxV.jpg

Here you can see some water just sitting in the pollen filter or in the box under it!

HuoWzNv.jpg

Nozzle gone hard! :(

RLmx9d4.jpg

Time to finger blast it on! :rofl:

IvOUZT1.jpg

Not too bad eh?

DxF8NQM.jpg

Nice wedge around the base of the sitting!

hQLAie3.jpg

Also under the screws too! ;)

vWiFYHq.jpg

azvN0en.jpg

Right, while under the car, I found a mysteriously oddly placed wire, which out of curiosity (given I knew I didn't know what the hell it was for) decided to see what it was connected to in the "radiator bay" area, low and behold, it was just tucked away out of "sight" and I still as of this moment have not got a single clue what it is for and where it's supposed to be connected. :confused:

xnp34xj.jpg

tG1Otyx.jpg

7SG2qS2.jpg

All I can tell from tracing it upwards is that it is banded together with this lot (the drivers side head lights) if anyone has any clue or idea what it is and what it should be connected to I'd be very grateful! :)

uQlQbL0.jpg

Sorry for the mass bombardment of images, hope you all don't mind and was a fun day today indeed! :D

--Lee

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
You on WiFi or 3G/4G? I've just tested my phone and they work sweet, if it's not your network maybe imgur has heavy traffic? :D

It's pretty picture intensive haha!

It was all good mate, aside from being unable to do my oil filter! :(

--Lee

ibizaboi

Feb 18, 2009
Sudbury
I live on the country and only get .75 meg

I'll have to check it at work tomorrow

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
I live on the country and only get .75 meg

I'll have to check it at work tomorrow

Haha, gutting Tom mate, but on the brighter side, the countryside is lovely to be especially for people who love to get away from the built up cities, personally I love the countryside for it's peacefulness and beauty :)

Nice job on the sealing Lee good effort buddy.Could the leccy plug be off your radiator fan.

Will be completely different in a mk2 so can't check for you mate.

Thanks Craig mate! :)

Not seen much update on yours yet, you been choca with other things or? I had a quick gander and it's not from the radiator from the looks of it, looking at the engine bay head on, the plugs for the radiator are to the right (passenger side) towards the bottom coming directly from the battery area.

The plug I found is on the left (drivers side) so at present I've not a clue as to what it is for? Hopefully I'll figure it out haha! :D

--Lee

lukehowardd

Jan 1, 2015
Time for some mass picture updates haha! =D

Oil changed and pollen filter resealed, unfortunately will have to attempt the oil filter tomorrow due to not being able to undo the current oil filter cap as whomever did the last oil filter change seriously overtightened the life out of it! :handbags:

I wouldn't mind, Muttley told me that it was 25Nm from the manual but even on the cap it STATES 25Nm with an arrow to assist! :blink:

Anyway, on to the pictures of pleasure ;)

Start to finish with Pollen Filter resealing, I kind went mega thick with the sealer since the nozzle decided to go hard :rofl:

Ztx14ci.jpg

RwoDrDv.jpg

KMQHfJW.jpg

This foam was absolutely soaked! :blink:

RbMImG8.jpg

As you can see here, these had been soaked too :(

ZzY86x6.jpg

The soak wires go down this, not sure exactly what they are for though!

xSOzrsG.jpg

g8YHwcb.jpg

Can't you see how ancient that sealer is haha! :rofl:

52nMNSP.jpg

8fSqIn1.jpg

KKwwIE4.jpg

mYbg5YD.jpg

HYyEsHy.jpg

TTA3NxV.jpg

Here you can see some water just sitting in the pollen filter or in the box under it!

HuoWzNv.jpg

Nozzle gone hard! :(

RLmx9d4.jpg

Time to finger blast it on! :rofl:

IvOUZT1.jpg

Not too bad eh?

DxF8NQM.jpg

Nice wedge around the base of the sitting!

hQLAie3.jpg

Also under the screws too! ;)

vWiFYHq.jpg

azvN0en.jpg

Right, while under the car, I found a mysteriously oddly placed wire, which out of curiosity (given I knew I didn't know what the hell it was for) decided to see what it was connected to in the "radiator bay" area, low and behold, it was just tucked away out of "sight" and I still as of this moment have not got a single clue what it is for and where it's supposed to be connected. :confused:

xnp34xj.jpg

tG1Otyx.jpg

7SG2qS2.jpg

All I can tell from tracing it upwards is that it is banded together with this lot (the drivers side head lights) if anyone has any clue or idea what it is and what it should be connected to I'd be very grateful! :)

uQlQbL0.jpg

Sorry for the mass bombardment of images, hope you all don't mind and was a fun day today indeed! :D

--Lee
Fog light plug!?

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Thanks for the input Luke! :)

Will give it a check tomorrow, so long as it's not raining like it is now haha! Just got back in from a works do, so slightly tipsy and rather hungry haha! :D

--Lee

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Oil Filter cap replacement! Woop! :D

Yay, thanks to a good select few people helping me out on my thread for the oil filter being a royal pain in the ass! It's now off and changed, damn that filter was mucky! :(

Pictures on way! Next instalment will be POWER TEST! :D :rofl:

uj40088.jpg

VpCscBm.jpg

rY2PC3L.jpg

cxSeNiU.jpg

4WMDDnB.jpg

MNRADq1.jpg

VwVN1lA.jpg

@Lukehowardd: Had a look sorry it's took so long to get back to you mate, definitely not the fog light connector mate! :)

--Lee

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Haha, gutting Tom mate, but on the brighter side, the countryside is lovely to be especially for people who love to get away from the built up cities, personally I love the countryside for it's peacefulness and beauty :)

Thanks Craig mate! :)

Not seen much update on yours yet, you been choca with other things or? I had a quick gander and it's not from the radiator from the looks of it, looking at the engine bay head on, the plugs for the radiator are to the right (passenger side) towards the bottom coming directly from the battery area.

The plug I found is on the left (drivers side) so at present I've not a clue as to what it is for? Hopefully I'll figure it out haha! :D

--Lee

Hi Lee, sorry not been on much lately really busy with work. Will do an update on the Cupra soon hopefully buddy.

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
No worries Craig mate, so long as everything is going well for you dude that's the main thing! :)

Looking forward to what's to come with your ride, it's beautiful! :)

--Lee

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Cheers Lee thank you mate very kind ;)

Any time mate, there's never too much love or good deeds to spread! :)

Temperature sensor connector on the front bumper!?

Not 100% sure on this one mate, will have to check, I believe it'll be a bumper off job to check? If I'm right to take the front bumper off it's just 4 torx screws? Never took any of the body work off so quite new territory for me! :)

Thanks for the suggestions, when I've found out what it is, I'll make sure to highlight it! :)

--Lee

lukehowardd

Jan 1, 2015
Any time mate, there's never too much love or good deeds to spread! :)

Not 100% sure on this one mate, will have to check, I believe it'll be a bumper off job to check? If I'm right to take the front bumper off it's just 4 torx screws? Never took any of the body work off so quite new territory for me! :)

Thanks for the suggestions, when I've found out what it is, I'll make sure to highlight it! :)

--Lee
Its a 2 pin connector. So just a live and and an earth..... Its strange... Yeah you pop off the bumper trimming, two screws in there amd cant remember the rest, i took it off ages ago when i replaced it for my cupra r kit :p Also got to take both wheels off to get the mud gaurds unscrewed from the bumper.

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Cheers Luke! :)

What is it you're running? Was it simple replacing your standard kit for the Cupra R kit? I like the looks of the Cupra R, so contemplating going that route rather than keeping my standard bumpers and skirt! :D

I've had a quick look, given the screws you mentioned to take off, it looks like 5 screws in the wheel arch to take off the bumper, I shouldn't need to remove my wheels to access though at all! :)

--Lee

lukehowardd

Jan 1, 2015
Cheers Luke! :)

What is it you're running? Was it simple replacing your standard kit for the Cupra R kit? I like the looks of the Cupra R, so contemplating going that route rather than keeping my standard bumpers and skirt! :D

I've had a quick look, given the screws you mentioned to take off, it looks like 5 screws in the wheel arch to take off the bumper, I shouldn't need to remove my wheels to access though at all! :)

--Lee
Mines the same car as yours just abit older.... 2001 seat leon 1.9 tdi 110 se. Just spent alot of dolla on it hahaa. Mapped to about 153 bhp. Made it my baby :p

Yeah really easy mate. Bolt off bolt on except you need different brackets for the sides of the bumpers. Rear + back, buy them genuine from seat for not alot... And you need to get all the brackets for the side wings off seat that you screw into the body. Done all mine with some help by farther and his mate.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.