It's not just cupra

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
For me, a distinction needs to be drawn between;
  1. owner frustration with the ‘form over function’ approach by car manufacturers when it comes to in-car tech, and access to and the operation of often certain basic functions.
  2. owner frustration / annoyance with in-car tech affected by ongoing gremlins that the manufacturer either doesn’t seem to be able to fix, or it takes an unacceptably long time to fix.
The linked article focuses on the first category, which I dare say applies - to a greater or lesser degree - to most car manufacturers these days. As regards the second category not covered by the article; IMHO this has been a significant area of weakness for VAG with their current vehicle range across pretty much all VAG brands, and is probably the main cause of customer frustration (alongside poor customer service) for owners of a current generation VAG car. I wonder if other car manufacturers are as poor as VAG in terms of the number of issues and their ability to be able implement permanent fixes within ‘reasonable’ / acceptable timescales?

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
I don't own a new vag group car but the removal of buttons for stuff that is likely to want adjustment and lack of illumination smacks of a design decision to automate, thinking that humans will be happy with the cars decision.
So many of the changes to cars which result in automation are unwelcome to many and a more progressive approach like some other brands have taken, likely to have been more acceptable.
Long story short, unless you like a big change to a new veh, let's face it not much has changed in a car since the 90s, then it's likely a challenge to get your head round it.
When it doesn't work even as intended confirmation bias will occur and ppl will become negative about it.

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
Had an MG SUV on hire last week , the screen was dire laggy and slow and like cupra no buttons for ac all done on display ,I have no issues with this design and find it easy to use.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.