ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands
I just realised something that might help you out!

It might be the ARB hitting the DS if its right hand lock your hitting on?

Or can you see the tyre hitting the arch?

Yeah, you can see the rubbing mark on the inner arch. And thinking about it, i was getting the plastic adaptor, spigot ring I think, confused with a spacer, so i have NO spacer on. And as KEI do tend to make wider wheels, the rubbing could just be a result of the lowering:doh:
So the passenger side adjustment is my next move, to see if that rubs when its the same height as the drivers side.

The saga continues........

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Mines ET33 [with spacer] and doesnt rub and I'm 1" wider so you might get away with a 10mm spacer to bring you to standard offset of 35?

Can you get 12mm spacers? you might be able to put 12's on the front and 15's on the rear, that would look nice.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
To be honest I'm not really sure, can't see how it would make much difference apart from the bolt on ones will be a lot less awkward to line up.

Yor wheel must be bloody close to the actual coilover on the front at the min?

ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands
Just had a look. Can't be anymore than 5ml clearance:cry:

Didn't realise it was that close. Think I'll get my order in next week. Was thinking 15ml rear anyway, so both at once would save on postage.

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
Sorry if it sounds like im pissing on your chips, but just dont want to see ya do something that could not be safe, or the best way of doing something lol

It might be okay yet, I'll check on monday in one of our books, but It might be okay to use the ones that bolt to the hub anyway as they are fixed in place, and the wheel bolts again into that.
It might just be the normal spacers that you shouldnt use on all four wheels...:think:

ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands
Ok, well confused now:confused:

Just adjusted the front right coilover pretty much as high as it will go. On full right lock, I can get my hand between the inner arch and the tyre in all places it could contact. I've also taken the wheel off and checked the coilie itself for rubbing marks, and there where none.

Yup, you've guessed it, still getting a rubbing noise[:@] The only thing I could see was traces of yellow on the inner tyre wall, but the only thing inside that is yellow are the calipers, and they are certainly not rubbing......

Bit stumped now, what about ARB on the DS as suggested earlier??
I assume the circle is the problem area, but I seem to have plenty of room....
Does it move a fair bit when you're driving??

DSCF0514.jpg

Last edited:

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
If the ARB was hitting the DS it would score the DS shaft and you would be able to see it mate.

You know your pancake pipe is not bolted on at the back?

ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands
Figured it would probably leave a mark so had a feel around and nothing there.

Pancake pipe?? Take it it's the white looking bolt that you can see, above where the DS goes out of site

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Yeah I think thats a thread sticking down and you need a nut and washer on it mate :)

When mine hit it marked it quite bad and I only drove about 3/4 of a mile so you'd know if it was rubbing I'd guess?

And you can see where your wheel is actually hitting so I'd be 99% sure its because your wheels are a ET45 and you need some spacers :)

ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands
I've emailed a seller off ebay, recommended by someone in another thread about spacers, about making up some 12mm ones. Hopefully hear back tomorrow, and get them ordered.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
If not you could just got 10 front and 10 rear I've got 5 front and 5 rear and it handles nicely its just helps to have wider track at the back for handling.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.