ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands
Spacers have now been bought off fleabay. Got 10mm for the front, and 15mm for the rear with longer bolts included, for £110 all in. Hopefully have them by early next week, as parcel post can be a bit hit and miss to Jersey.

Looking forward to my rubbing vanishing, and being able to adjust the coilies to final level:D

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
this is looking very nice mate:D... its good to see more and more pre-facelift leons, and without people buying facelift or LCR bumpers!!!

Did you paint the bump strips yourself?? Did you use proper spray booth etc or just a couple tins in your shed??lol

ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands
Thanks for your comments:D

I did the strips myself in the garage. Took the bumper ones off to do, cause its pretty easy to get them off, and did the side strips on the car. Just masked up, gave them a good wipe down, then plastic primed, then about 4-5 coats of filler primer, then sanded down and wiped down again, then spray painted, 3-4 coats.

I actually need to touch up a couple of areas where the masking tape pulled the paint off, even after i'd let the paint dry for 2 days:cry: Hopefully it will feather in ok.

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
Well they look really good from what i can tell in the pics... im gona try and do mine myself....im saving for a few other mods though so it will have to wait. Going to get a cat back system and remap first as im bored of the power now lol

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Well they look really good from what i can tell in the pics... im gona try and do mine myself....im saving for a few other mods though so it will have to wait. Going to get a cat back system and remap first as im bored of the power now lol

I got a set for sale if your interested? :D

ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands

Certainly easier to do off the car, no messing around with masking tape and eliminates the chance of the masking tape flicking any paint off.

Only a couple of small bits missing, but it's not perfect, and we all know how annoying that is:(

ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands
Finally got round to putting these babies on. Was torn between the classic decal position, which i went for in the end, or the rear side windows. Opinions welcome......

Really want my spacers to arrive now, and black valve caps bought to go on the new bolts. Just can't be bothered to paint them this time:whistle:

DSCF0522.jpg

DSCF0523.jpg

Just need an SCN one for the rear window now.

ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands
Thanks mate.

I'll hopefully get a chance to clean the engine bay a bit in the next couple of days for when the primer arrives, take a few pics, and get the engine cover painted yellow......at last.

ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands
Picked up the spacers from the post office yesterday and fitted them this evening. Annoyingly, the 10mm on the front hasn't cured the rubbing on full right lock. I even put some masking tape across the arch where I thought the wheel was rubbing, and when I checked after a spin, it was still there and perfectly clean:confused::confused:

So, back to the drawing board......

Some piccies anyway:D

P080809_1908.jpg

P080809_1909.jpg

Front before

P080809_191001.jpg

After

P080809_1934.jpg

Rear before

P080809_1910.jpg

After

P080809_2025.jpg

ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands
I'll have to have another good look and listen.......maybe get the missus to drive round me on full lock.......with any luck she wont run me over.....i'll have to try not to annoy her for one day:lol:

ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands
Finally painted the engine cover and the bit under the inlet mani. Not 100% happy with it, some areas that could do with a bit more paint, but went ahead and chucked some lacquer on anyway. May or may not keep the engine cover on, depends whether i go with painted/polished mani and rocker cover or not.

DSCF0570.jpg

P110809_0709.jpg