Jon's FR TDi 150

shaunTDI

Jul 2, 2010
take your time and use a heat gun its easy to take the front badge off to do but the rear 1 u have to take the complete handle off then get a punch and knock the pin out so it makes the job easier,also when folding it round the corners i cut really small cuts in it to make it bend round easier :)

shaunTDI

Jul 2, 2010
119_0235.jpg

119_0234.jpg

All sorted - brute force and a needle nose pliers succeeded!

Also a little update.......

Sprayed my centre console today as I wanted the head unit surround to match so I went for 'ford champagne gold'

Really close to the original colour and on really happy with how it turned out

4434ceca.jpg

What do you think??

Jan 24, 2011
nice work mate, definitely gonna do mine soon. Need to see what it looks like against the black in the car though mate!

How hard is it to get the centre console out and back in?

shaunTDI

Jul 2, 2010
All sorted - brute force and a needle nose pliers succeeded!

Also a little update.......

Sprayed my centre console today as I wanted the head unit surround to match so I went for 'ford champagne gold'

Really close to the original colour and on really happy with how it turned out

4434ceca.jpg

What do you think??

looks great dude think im going to do mine carbon fibre :p

Another day........Another update :)

Re-fitted the centre console this morning and I think it looks really good.

39d1ca1f.jpg

14eb1a8c.jpg

It makes the dash look alot brighter and fresher.
Also got another delivery this morning

Can you guess what it is yet........

44fc6a1c.jpg

Some fresh supplies ready for when the weather gets better :)

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2011
Looks nice mate :) Are you going to do any other bits of trim in the gold to match? Inside door handles or anything? I was thinking fo doing the console, inside handles and vent trims or something just so it's more for of a theme than a one off. Good job, looks tidy.

When you put in your new HU did you have to use brackets to support the back end of it? I slotted mine straight in, cage wouldn't fit but it hands down a bit at the back and moves around so need to sort it out.

Thanks mate - I have thought of doing other bits such as the trim around bottom of gear gaitor , handle of glove box and prob going to do the ashtray to blend into the bottom of console.

Had no problems with the head unit. The cage fitted in so it's secure.

Try pushing all the connector blocks and wires underneath HU that may support it???

Jan 24, 2011
Do it, see how it looks! I was also thinking of glovey handle too. Just a few small bits to keep the interior consistent. Tempted to do some bits in cream and lacquer them but I've got a feeling it might look disgusting :D I've got a think for cream interior trims, was so close to buying an s3 with cream recaros before getting the LCR.