Just got 41 MPG in my LC

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
First time ever I got 41mpg average on the motorway,
truly outstanding when the rest of the time I average 24 to 30. Yes it was motorway and didn't boot it, but really impressed.
That was on the way to Custom Pipes for my new cat back, top blokes, good value too. It's on the ramp as I type.:D

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Best I have had from mine (LCR) is 37mpg with mixed roads so you win :D. I bet you don't get the same on the way home after playing with the new exhaust!

Yeah it'll be back to 30 for sure.
I wasn't in a hurry ( first time for everything ) not pushing it, 70 max with the odd overtake.
then about 15 miles at a little over that now and then. I'm stunned.

stevo72

Feb 3, 2007
cambridge
it can be done if you are very very gentle on the right foot and brake. I have a standard LC and end of last yr moved work location which means i am doing main roads all the way. So i thought i would try to see what i can get out of a full tank.....

55mph ish most the way , gentle on the brake and right foot and by the time i came to fill up on the following monday i had done 420 on a tank , but have to say it was hard going that steady every day the car does like a right foot poke so like the rest of you more like early 30's in the real world. But it does go to show what you can do if you are real careful.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I don't seem to be able to get above 26mpg. Do sit in a lot of traffic though + I have a heavy foot.

not a surprise with 270 horses under the bonnet mate:), I generally have the same problem with a lead right foot. 26 is normal for me so you're not doing too bad.

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
It really is a different planet with the Cupra TDi then! If I floor it everywhere, I can't get below 35MPG!

My record is 68MPG back from Surrey, (M25, M11, A14, A1), but I was hanging back behind artics waiting for a mate to get back home from the opposite direction, so pointless booting it.

If you find that you're doing lots of long journeys and you're not 'smooth' on the throttle, I'd recommend cruise control. Hasn't really made much difference for me, but it's nice being able to relax a bit more!

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
He's not wrong, most I got was 66.7mpg on mine, 60mph on the motorway.

boot it round town and hard to get less than 34mpg.

But then to be honest, most days it only got me to work and back so the actual trip average was 33mpg and my LCR (after 40 hours varied) is at ~27mpg.