Jvc Kd-sh1000

Cupraboy4

CUPRA TDi
Mar 20, 2006
WEST MIDS
anybody got this head unit in there car??? need some help because i cant get it to remember its setting's, it remembers radio stations but not sound settings

Thanks

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Take it out and swap the yellow and red wires around on the power loom. Cut and re-crimp or, if you're lucky, there will already be bullet connections inline on each wire to help do this.

I'm amazed that anybody doesn't know this these days, especially since it gets asked all the time.

D4N BK

Dec 16, 2006
Midlands
I brought this headunit the other week. Fitted it, and had the same problem as you, not remembering sound settings. It came with its own wire loom which plugged in straight away, but i took a gamble and brought the one in Halfords aswell, and this solved the problem. It now remembers all settings.
And the SD card wont read 4gb sd cards :( ive done some research on the net and apparently the largest it takes is 2gb so ive ordered one of those to test it. But i can still use the 4gb in in the front USB which is cool :D

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
The looms Halfords sell already have the opposite red and wire switched... which you could have done yourself in 5 minutes and saved the money to buy a new mod with ;)

D4N BK

Dec 16, 2006
Midlands
Ah :)
well its worth bearing in mind as i may have to do that when i connect my sub and amp up soon. Theres too many wires behind it at the mo, was difficult to put the radio back in without cutting a wire.

Cupraboy do you have a decent radio signal with this radio and standard ariel? I brought the adaptor thing so i can actually get a signal now, but theres still alot of white noise :(

Cupraboy4

CUPRA TDi
Mar 20, 2006
WEST MIDS
it aint the best signal, it picks up Radio1 okay thou, just not the local stations. i've got an S2000 arieal on my car thou so doubt that helps. i do get better signal with the JVC than my old Kenwood head unit thou!